Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #11 
monroe0704

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
Both tanks look amazing! The male betta in the middle section looks so good it almost looks fake.
Lol he is my most flashy betta... he's from Martinismommy (she has some listed on AB right now I think!) :)

Thanks everyone for admiring! It was ridiculously easy to get the tanks to look like this. I started off with one pack of plants for the whole thing, then slowly added as many plastic plants as I could. I then made the decision to get a couple live plants. They fit in really well with the plastic plants.. and I've found that the more "planted" the tank (using either live or plastic) the better it looks! Can't wait to see all your tanks :D Also, just tossing some free floating java moss in really works wonders. Just my advice :)
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #12 
1fish2fish

Very nice job! You have a knack for aquascaping... mine just look like I stuck a bunch of plants in all willy nilly :-/
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #13 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by monroe0704 View Post
Lol he is my most flashy betta... he's from Martinismommy (she has some listed on AB right now I think!) :)

Thanks everyone for admiring! It was ridiculously easy to get the tanks to look like this. I started off with one pack of plants for the whole thing, then slowly added as many plastic plants as I could. I then made the decision to get a couple live plants. They fit in really well with the plastic plants.. and I've found that the more "planted" the tank (using either live or plastic) the better it looks! Can't wait to see all your tanks :D Also, just tossing some free floating java moss in really works wonders. Just my advice :)
I can't say enough good things about javamoss! Loooove it! unfortunately I cannot find it locally anywhere here so I have to order online and pay shipping.. It is worth it though..I like to attach it to small pieces of lava rock and use it as a foreground like plant. It is a very easy plant to keep.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:20 AM   #14 
orical154

I love that divided tank! Great job!
orical154 is offline   Reply With Quote