Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #1 
jesstanner

Problem with pez d:

He is really listless, just sitting in one place! He hasn't moved for the past couple of hours??? Then when he does move it's more like he floats? Like he isn't swimming very well and hes at a slant with the top of his body being high and his tail being really low? Temperature is at 76 degrees, The filter is running smoothly, and he ate all his food. Help!

PS he won't flare at the mirror...he always flares at the mirror if I put it infront of him...ALWAYS

PPS he is in a 2.5 gallon tank hiding behind a clay pot
jesstanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Have a few questions....

How big is the tank (2.5gal), how much and how often are the water changes, additives used, live plants, how long have you had him and what kind and how much food.......can you post a pic......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #3 
jesstanner

He is in a 2.5 gallon tank I do two 50% water changes a week(last one was two days ago), and a 100% when it looks like it needs it (last one was a couple days ago...like 4 or 5). I got Pez last sunday. I feed him pellets or freeze dried bloodworms but he prefers the pellets so I gave him those today I think I may have over fed him yesterday so today I gave him only about 5 pellets and he ate them up very happily.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:20 AM   #4 
Oldfishlady

I would do some 50% water changes for 2 days and hold food...cut back on the amount of food at one time....split it up in 2-3 small feeding a day......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #5 
jesstanner

Unhappy

Here is what he looks like! I'm so worried, I don't want to get another betta fish...just pez
I shut the filter off because he wasn't coping to well with it...
(PS sorry for the size but my computer wouldn't resize it
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2011, 07:11 PM   #6 
fishman12

How many pellets do you normally feed him? If you cut back to 5, tou are feeding too much. Maybe 3-4 a day or 2 feeding twice a day...

Your main problem is most likely bloating, just fast him for a couple days and when you get back to feeding, fast one day every week. (It helps clear out their system)

Last edited by fishman12; 04-12-2011 at 07:13 PM.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #7 
jesstanner

OH MY GOD :) he is looking so much happier and healthier today...swimming around the tank (sorta, well I mean as much as he normally does) and staring at me every time I come near the glass! :) I'm skipping feeding him today, just trying to get him back to normal but tomorrow he will get 3 pellets, and that's it! He will not be able to cute-ify his way into 7 pellets ever again!