Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2011, 09:37 AM   #11 
Burd

Jabu-Jabu got his name because I'm a gamer nerd chick who loves the Legend of Zelda series. Lord Jabu-Jabu is the patron diety of the zoras, an aquatic race of fish-like anthro humans. He's portrayed as a giant whale with an ornate headdress. In the game you have to explore inside his body to defeat the electric barnacle monster that's causing him to act weird/evil.

I should also note that ALL of my pets have names from the Legend of Zelda series, especially Ocarina of time. I also have two female cats named Navi (a black short hair) named after the obnoxious little fairy that follows the main character, Link, around and goes "HEY! LISTEN!" and Nayru (a grey tabby mix) who is named after the goddess of wisdom who helped to create Hyrule, the land in which the game takes place.

Heeeee.... I'm a dork. :3

Last edited by Burd; 04-14-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:44 AM   #12 
luluo

I only have one Betta.

His name is D'Argo.

He is named after a character on one of my favorite shows, Farscape.

luluo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #13 
AngelicScars

Marcos-When I watched him in his tank that is the name that kept calling to me. It's not a name I hear often or anything, it's just what popped into my head when I looked at him.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #14 
Twilight Storm

Hi, I am new to Betta fish, I found this site looking for help with my mom's fish so at the moment I only have one.

I named him Twilight Storm. He's a young doubletail male. I am not sure what his color would be called but he is Grey with a redish-rust colored head, If I shine a flashlight on him he has a gold sheen on the outer parts of his fins and small black dot markings. (beautiful to me, although my friends and family are wondering why I didn't get a "colorful" fish. As soon as I can get someone with a good digital camera I will get a pic of him up as my avatar)

The second day I had him I was giving him his pellets kind of slowly and the little guy jumped out of the water and latched onto my finger for a second lol! Between his color and his piranah moment, (lol) I came up with the name. :)
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #15 
Tisia

all my names are from the show "how I met your mother"
first boy I got was named swarley, a crazy coffee girl wrote it on nph's character barney's cup, and they called him it for the rest of the episode, and the snail I got was named roland, which the same crazy coffee girl mistakenly calls the character named robin. unfortunately swarley came down with ich a couple days after I got him and died >_< so before getting a new fish, I was considering the name robin sparkles, robin's teenage popstar name, but when I got my next boy, decided he wasn't quite flashy enough for the name sparkles. was trying to pick a new name, and bf and I were watching a different episode where the main character ted has to go up against a rival architect company named sven, and bf suggested that for a name, they present a giant t-rex building to barney's company, and hand him a button and tell him to "PRESS IT! PRESS IT FOR GLORRRRRRRRRRRRY!" (flames shoot out of its mouth) so I decided to make his full name be sven for glorry. my latest boy is definitely flashy enough to be a robin sparkles, and so he is, lol
I'm really not obsessed with the show or anything, just seem to be watching it when I need names and just decided to go with it, lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:32 PM   #16 
Silverfang

My betta is named Scuzi, it's a slightly altered version of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCSI.
It was that or daisy chain... yes, I am a computer geek, well programmer in training.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #17 
PitGurl

Humm, let's see.....

Damsel- She's my tiny CT female. She got her name cuz she is just so tiny and cute it seemed fitting. She's in my avatar.

Kismet- Which means "fate" is my VT female who I had my eye on and when I went to buy her I thought she was sold cuz I couldn't find her. Then a week later I went back to Petco and found her so I snatched her up.

Artoo- Is my new Yellow Multi CT from AB. He got his name cuz he's a double ray CT.

And last but not least is Wendigo who is my new Turquious BF DeT. His name comes from native american lore. A wendigo is an evil spirt.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:11 PM   #18 
Blaze54

I only have one right now and his name is blaze. When I was going to buy a Betta I decided I wanted the most unusual one that Wal-Mart had...now I know red isn't an "unusual" color,but he was the only red one they had. And his body colors kind are kind of a blend of red,yellow and orange. Therefore I named him Blaze.
:)
Blaze54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:12 PM   #19 
roadrunner

My current boys:
Andy (VT) albino with blue hightlights - because his colours reminds me costume of my favourite singer (andy bell)
Spot (VT) black - he has nice orange spot on his fin
Jumpy (VT) orange-brown - he jumped out on the counter when I was changing his water
Skitty (VT) pink with white hightlights - he was "skittish" when I got him (more than others0

and here are some names of my boys that passed
Blue-Louie (VT) - because he was blue :)
Elbram (DT) pale with blue marble - marble backwards
Hector (VT) - my husband named him, he said he just look like hector
Piggy (VT) red with white - my husband named him too, because he had nose that remind him of piggy nose
Sebastian (CT) pale blue/grey - he was a "runt" at walmart that nobody wanted, oddly shaped, very tiny (never grew much bigger), he reminded me boy from never ending story
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #20 
Neil D

My betta got the name Josh from my friend at school, also named Josh. So Josh(human) took this "Insane Test" on the web and it came back as 55% insane. Then my betta went berserk and took out the eye on one of the neon tetras we had! So Josh(betta) and Josh(human) are insane! Also my betta is floating in a water jug for two weeks to let the new cardinals adjust to the tank before they meet Josh(betta). [If it doesn't work out, we'll give the cardinals back.] I call the jug a mental facility, which I'm sure adds to the insanity of both Josh's.

EDIT: Don't worry, the hurt Tetra found a nice tank at the tropical fish store to live out his days in.

Last edited by Neil D; 04-15-2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Peace of Mind.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote