Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2011, 05:04 PM   #11 
Arashi Takamine

But now I'm excited to go there today. My dad suggested we get our new fish today! WHO0T!
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:46 PM   #12 
Luimeril

aaww. i didn't have to leave a nasty note, nor a happy note. :p they had two. one was long dead and gross. >.> the other, was a active little steel blue CT i snatched up. after swapping his lid, with the long-dead VT's lid, he came home with me. i gave him to my niece, who's been wanting another betta, and she named him King Steve. x3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #13 
Arashi Takamine

Awww! Glad you were able to save the little fella! I just rescued my little Maka today. She was amongst the new shipment and I let the manager know that they desperatly needed a waterchange and explained the ammonia and that I had came there looking for a new pet...I walked away after that and now I have my little girl. I love her already she is just soo cuuute!
Old 04-15-2011, 11:46 AM   #14 
BlakbirdxGyarados

... 8D Awesome!~
I'm hoping to get a female from my local store... either today or when I work there on Saturday. Though I feel like it's wrong to buy something on a work day... especially since I'm not getting paid. I don't want them to be like, "No, you don't need to pay for her. She's your payment for the day."
I don't like taking things I'd be paying for on another day anyway.... |D
I DON'T KNOW, I'm weird. xD But if it does end up happening like that, I'm gonna spaz.

... Lui, why did you swap his lid with the v... oh. Nevermind. xD
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #15 
Luimeril

>:3 cause i'm cheap. and used to getting all my bettas at veil price. >3> i <3 Pet Lover's. they sell me CTs at Veil price, and sometimes i can get a delta at veil price. *beams at Ichi* my Delta/Super Delta. <3

o3o turns out, King Steve(the CT), is psycho. :d he hates one of his plants, and flares and bites it. ._____o
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:47 PM   #16 
Arashi Takamine

XD Reminds me of what Aki did today. He was chewing one of the bamboo leafs in his tank. Maka...Has been doing the wiggle dance at herself. She's fought the glass just as badly as when she was floating in the cup trying to break it.

Also: Your local petstores sound awesome~! I wish you luck with getting your girl BlakbirdXGyarados!
Old 04-15-2011, 04:27 PM   #17 
CyerRyn

The lady at the fish store I visited today, I had to bite my tongue a few times. I was looking at the Betta's there (their kept in tiny glass bowls) and I told her what size tank I was getting (my 10gal splitting into 2) and she seemed astonished that I was going to provide them with so much space. She told me "Their okay in a bowl this size, their used to being in tiny spaces" and I just nodded knowing that they need to be in at least 2.5gal per adult fish to be happy thriving Betta's. And to top it off she told me that I wouldn't need a heater for my 10gal tank. -.- I told her I was getting one regardless of her suggestion.
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:38 PM   #18 
Arashi Takamine

At least that's better then when I had to explain the concept of ammonia, PH ect, ect to a bunch of Wal-Mart employee's and told her that betta's needed not only heaters but if they were going to be kept in cups they should at least be doing 100 percent changes with WARM water.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:41 PM   #19 
Littlebittyfish

I almost did the same thing last night while looking at the petco and petsmart website...
But then it wouldn't let me without having an account...so I tried to use my pals care and my petsmart card login thing but it wouldn't let me...oh well..
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:46 PM   #20 
Arashi Takamine

Heheheh I left an anonymous review on Bettamin since Aki loves it...I might leave more reviews on the stuff I use for Maka and his' tanks but will leave informative reviews on the innapropriate tanks.