Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2011, 10:14 PM   #1 
n3wport

New-kid question, but I am seriously looking into this! you people made me addicted

I've had 2 betta's, not at the same time though. This is my 3rd and only betta I have. He is in a 5 gallon tank, if anyone saw my pictures, he's white and has a short tail. Anyway, I really want to look into getting another fish.. but off aquabid. I saw black ones I really want.

But how does aquabid work exactly?
So far I think a transshipper is someone who gets the fish in the mail and sends it to you?
How does it work! I wanna start looking into it!!

Sorry guys =P
n3wport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:15 AM   #2 
monroe0704

We love questions! When you purchase a fish off aquabid you'll get an email letting you know that you won the fish and that you should contact the seller to arrange for shipping. Most likely you'll pay the seller the cost of the fish and then specify a transhipper to ship to. You can choose anyone you like; most on the site use either Linda or Jennifer. Once your transhipper gets the fish they'll email you and let you know how much shipping to your home address costs. In the summer time you can choose between priority and express shipping. After you pay the transhipper the shipping fee, they'll ship the betta to your home. If you ever have any questions, the transhipper will be glad to help you out!

So to recap: Pay the seller cost of fish + $5-10 shipping to transhipper; then pay transhipper shipping cost (either priority or express shipping).

I hope this makes sense! I've been, uh, out for a while tonight lol...
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #3 
n3wport

Quote:
Originally Posted by monroe0704 View Post
We love questions! When you purchase a fish off aquabid you'll get an email letting you know that you won the fish and that you should contact the seller to arrange for shipping. Most likely you'll pay the seller the cost of the fish and then specify a transhipper to ship to. You can choose anyone you like; most on the site use either Linda or Jennifer. Once your transhipper gets the fish they'll email you and let you know how much shipping to your home address costs. In the summer time you can choose between priority and express shipping. After you pay the transhipper the shipping fee, they'll ship the betta to your home. If you ever have any questions, the transhipper will be glad to help you out!

So to recap: Pay the seller cost of fish + $5-10 shipping to transhipper; then pay transhipper shipping cost (either priority or express shipping).

I hope this makes sense! I've been, uh, out for a while tonight lol...

Can I use paypal for the shipping fees to the transshipper? Also, how can I just pick whoever I want? should I contact them them first before the fish is on the way to them?
n3wport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #4 
Ai Shimizu

Well, most of the sellers and transhippers on Aquabid accept Paypal as a payment method that I've seen. You'll want to read the transhipper details and if it doesn't say you should contact the transhipper via email. They're always willing to answer your questions.
Ai Shimizu is offline   Reply With Quote