Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2011, 05:36 PM   #31 
Luimeril

i'm trying to see, if the people in her class who don't want their bettas, are willing to adopt them out. the trick is, though, seeing if anyone here, is close enough to their school, and has the room to temporarily house some of the bettas until they're well, if they're sick, and ship them out. x-X
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #32 
Ai Shimizu

Well, it's clear that I'm not able to take in any of the unwanted bettas because I just bought a betta today and it was placed inside the last tank that I had available. If anyone has the ability to take them in it'd be great to know because I don't want these beautiful bettas to go to waste. These bettas would make great pets in a good home, so it'd be a shame to see them have a horrible fate.
Ai Shimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #33 
tsoto80

He looks just like my son's beautiful Casanova!!!! I swear just like him....I wish I could have reach into the Compter screen and take him OMG where is pewpew she knows how to cuss the right way lol that teacher is such an idiot for making them do that stupid stupid stupid did I say stupid? STUPID

Last edited by dramaqueen; 04-27-2011 at 02:43 PM.
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #34 
roypattonphoto

and this is why public education system fails... we're supposed to be teaching the Next Generation The Right Way to do things in life, and not just pass them through
roypattonphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:24 PM   #35 
Luimeril

luckily, the girl seems to care for the fishies. she asked us to keep an eye on Nick Jr. and let her know when he starts looking ill, and seems willing to help adopt the fish out after the experiment's over. maybe, if we can teach her the RIGHT way to care for them, she'll pass that knowledge on.

but, we SHOULD find a way to get rid of that stupid experiment, 100% in all schools. :d
Old 04-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #36 
Burd

It's really depressing to watch the progression of this 'experiment'.

I'm pretty sure the kids, regardless of you guys trying to convince them otherwise, remain ignorant to what they're doing to the fish and don't see the fish as we do. It's just an animal; not a person. We see them as little people with personalities. They see them as insignificant toys that don't matter. :/
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:34 PM   #37 
Luimeril

*watching the newest part* i..... don't get it. .___. what's supposed to be going on? they have a fish with a plant. then mulch on top. then grass on top?
Old 04-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #38 
Burd

When I think about it, Luimeril, I'm pretty sure *I* remember doing this same experiment when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure we did it with a tiny gold fish or something though and I was just as misinformed but didn't have the internet as a resource for information, much less youtube to post on.

I *think* it's supposed to mimic individual ecosystems, if I had to guess about it. Or prove that they can't work independently.. or something. I remember not understanding what it was about then any more than I do now other than holding kid's attention with live animals and things that'll keep them from acting up.
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote