Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: Which would you pick?
Animal 10 27.03%
Plant 1 2.70%
Person 26 70.27%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #11 
Ethan

very true so am I lets not let religion ruin this post though

Last edited by Ethan; 04-18-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #12 
FuulieQ

I would save the person first at least 90% of the time, if not more. The only time I would take an animal out before a person is if it was obvious that I could not help the person.

I love my pets as though they were people, so that's really difficult to say, but that's how it has to be. That person has loved ones, parents and siblings and friends, and even if I don't like them or know them, choosing to let that person die hurts many more than just them. Losing a pet hurts only me.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:16 PM   #13 
bettafish15

It depends on the situation. If there was time, I'd get the person out if they couldnt do it themselves then go back for the animals. If possible I'd do both. If it wasnt family, I would go for the animals and come back for the person. But again, it depends, this is really a weird question and you didnt give us any kind of story to it o.O
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #14 
Ethan

So just take the story posted by another member into consideration when I started this I meant in any situation.No, matter what I believe you can only save one of the following lives in a crices situation.

An animal

A person

A plant
Old 04-18-2011, 08:30 PM   #15 
bettafish15

Well obviously people are going to vote for people then, for fear of getting flamed :P
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:34 PM   #16 
Ethan

Yes, well that is erelevant what I really meant was if everything is going to die unless you aid one thing and all the others end up dieing for a/an anyomonus reason.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #17 
JaspersANGEL

It really depends on the situation,
Like say the house catche's fire one night and everyone is woken up by the fire alarm...I would set the animal's loose so they could get out on their own or find shelter somewhere, the person in question run's out of the house and I grab a loved plant on the way.

In any emergency, if I remember correctly...if at all possible set all pet's loose so that they have a chance to get out (like rat's/snake's just open the cage).

But true I agree with everyone here, I would save a person!
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #18 
Betta Slave

That's a tough one...

I can't decide D: I'm tied between animal and person.

Edit- though it depends... if I didn't know the person and it seemed like they could fend for their own, I'd save the animal.

Last edited by Betta Slave; 04-18-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #19 
Ai Shimizu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchiwolf View Post
depends on the situation. You really should of put a story to your question:

A fire starts in your house and there is no way to control it. Your husband/boyfriend has passed out from the smoke and your animals are wounded from burns and laying ill, but still alive. Your rare plans that have been handed down from family to family are also at risk of the deadly fire.
Who would you save?

In all honestly, I would save my boyfriend. I love my pets, but for the ones that I have I can always start a new. It sucks, but when you have someone in your life that is also sharing your own and love them with all your being....they are your world.

I love you Jared <3
I'd have to agree with this post. It would be horrible to turn my back on the pets who've trusted me to protect them, but if my entire future was at risk (someone close to me) I wouldn't be able to leave them behind. What if you had plans to have a family in the future? Would you leave your boyfriend or girlfriend behind at that point? It may sound selfish, but humans have to reproduce in order to survive just like every other creature on this Earth and your own species matters most in those kinds of situations. However, if it was some random stranger in the building I'd go after my animals because they're considered to be a part of my family. I'd feel bad for leaving the stranger behind, but family matters most in those kinds of situations.
Ai Shimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:07 AM   #20 
Ethan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai Shimizu View Post
I'd have to agree with this post. It would be horrible to turn my back on the pets who've trusted me to protect them, but if my entire future was at risk (someone close to me) I wouldn't be able to leave them behind. What if you had plans to have a family in the future? Would you leave your boyfriend or girlfriend behind at that point? It may sound selfish, but humans have to reproduce in order to survive just like every other creature on this Earth and your own species matters most in those kinds of situations. However, if it was some random stranger in the building I'd go after my animals because they're considered to be a part of my family. I'd feel bad for leaving the stranger behind, but family matters most in those kinds of situations.
Yeah, I never thought of it that way thanks for giving us all another view at it.