Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2011, 04:41 PM   #3051 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylin View Post
Here's my contribution.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/KaylinSilverfurr/Fishes/Img_0872.jpg
Fishy's home. It's a planted 10 Gallon, with driftwood, an ornament, Assassin Snails and Pond Snails. The Pond Snails were unwelcome hitch-hikers on one of the plants. For plant info; I have Java Moss, Anubias (not sure which variety), and 3 Amazon Sword plants. They've all been given some SeaChem Flourish gravel tabs, and I have a 10W flourescent light for them.
The Tank filter (an AquaTech 5-15) has been baffled with an algae sponge, and the blue thing on the filter intake is a small peice of OR disposable scrub cap. (I work in a hospital, so these things are free and easy for me to get ahold of).

The tank itself was a Walmart special that I had originally used for my three Goldfish. Once I got them upgraded to a bigger home, I started to refurbish the 10 Gallon in anticipation for Borealis. I had to get a heater and thermometer though, which wasn't a big issue.
The tank is also completely cycled, so I won't have to worry about stressing him too much with the same frequent water changes I do for the Goldfish, nor the Ammonia or Nitrite levels getting too high.

~Kaylin
beautiful tank!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #3052 
Kaylin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
beautiful tank!
Thanks muchly! I'm always glad when hard work pays off.

~Kaylin
Kaylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:13 PM   #3053 
DarkMoon17

Thought I'd share my current betta set up.
They are both 10 gallon tanks divided with DIY dividers. I know they aren't partitioned perfectly, but I didn't want to silicon them in place in case I wanted to do something different with the tanks down the rode. Both tanks are heated and filtered. I only use live plants.

Thanks for looking!
-DM17
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:17 PM   #3054 
Gizmothefreaky

Here is how my tank looks today after my new boy! I should get some silicone...

Spot Twitch new kid Willy
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:02 AM   #3055 
luluo

Love it Kaylin.
luluo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:18 AM   #3056 
carzz

I love the ten gallon tank ideas with dividers. If I were to buy one of the 12$ ten gal. can I add a bubbler thingy, and filter? Or do I have to buy it as the whole tank set up with the bubbler and filter?
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:02 AM   #3057 
Gizmothefreaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzz View Post
I love the ten gallon tank ideas with dividers. If I were to buy one of the 12$ ten gal. can I add a bubbler thingy, and filter? Or do I have to buy it as the whole tank set up with the bubbler and filter?
I have just a plain ten gallon that i got bare (no hood or filter) and got the filter and heater separate. ^.^ It works wonderfully, and actually ended up costing me less than the kits, because i dont have the hood. But i am thinking now of getting one to increase the heat in my tank. the heater keeps the water around 75-77, i would like it warmer than that. If you get a better heater though you wont have to worry about a hood. XD I am cheap though and got the $15 heater at walmart.
Gizmothefreaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:40 AM   #3058 
ashleyy

tina's five gallon

herbie's 3 gallon

nadador's 3 gallon
ashleyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:38 PM   #3059 
cableguy69846

Hey all, new to the forum, but not to fish keeping. Thought I would share my bettas homes.

This is my female. My fiancee just named her Bloody Mary. She has a 2.5 gallon tank with a Hagen Elite Mini filter. There are Java Fern, Dwarf Baby Tears, Crypto Parva, and some Blyxa. The tank gets dosed every other day with Excel and once a week with Flourish. The light is a 10 watt mini CFL full spectrum light.

This is my male's tank. His name is Gigantopithacus. His tank is a 1 gallon kit tank with power filter and 7 watt incandescent light. It has 5 crypto bulbs growing in it. It gets dosed every other day with Excel and once a week with Flourish.
I do a 70% water change once a week. They get a mixed diet of flake food and blood worms. I will soon be adding mosquito larvae to that menue.
Thanks for looking.
cableguy69846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:43 PM   #3060 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy69846 View Post
Hey all, new to the forum, but not to fish keeping. Thought I would share my bettas homes.

This is my female. My fiancee just named her Bloody Mary. She has a 2.5 gallon tank with a Hagen Elite Mini filter. There are Java Fern, Dwarf Baby Tears, Crypto Parva, and some Blyxa. The tank gets dosed every other day with Excel and once a week with Flourish. The light is a 10 watt mini CFL full spectrum light.

This is my male's tank. His name is Gigantopithacus. His tank is a 1 gallon kit tank with power filter and 7 watt incandescent light. It has 5 crypto bulbs growing in it. It gets dosed every other day with Excel and once a week with Flourish.
I do a 70% water change once a week. They get a mixed diet of flake food and blood worms. I will soon be adding mosquito larvae to that menue.
Thanks for looking.

Jealous...

Haha...Your tanks are very nice. I love the baby tears.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank