Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: Which would you pick?
Animal 10 27.03%
Plant 1 2.70%
Person 26 70.27%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2011, 08:25 AM   #21 
LittleBettaFish

Working in the service industry, I'd save an animal over 99.9% of the humans I deal with on a daily basis. Of course the animal had better be tame, since I wouldn't want some brushtail possum clawing my face off as I was carrying it to safety.

I never get the whole saving someone just because they're a human. Most people out there aren't deserving of being rescued. Heck, going by the blatant idiocy and cruelty so proudly broadcast on Youtube, I'd probably stop to push some of them further into harm's way.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:32 AM   #22 
BlueHaven

I'd save a person. I love my pets, and would really hate to leave them behind, but a person's life, even if it was someone I really did not like, Is so precious, beyond any living thing in this world.
Also, animals know what to do in bad situations, unless they get trapped, they can usually find a way out or hide.
You could aways go back in to save your pets later if you had the chance.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:38 AM   #23 
Ethan

Yeah, BlueHaven that's pretty much all there is to it...... I would still apreciate other opinions though if anyone has anything to add I know there's much more opinions out there!

If your thinking I'm contradicting of what I'm saying in earlier post it's only because each post is getting truer and truer

Last edited by Ethan; 04-19-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #24 
fleetfish

It would definitely be a person.

I love my fish and my cat, but people come first and foremost. I see situations every week that involve vulnerable people who's lives have been twisted upside down, and I'm never used to it. But if there is a way to help them, even little things, I do it knowing that the outcome will change their lives, and this goes for people and animals. If it was a drowning spider in a rainpipe, or a bird caught in fishing wire, or a squirrel with a broken leg, I would help them as much as I could. If there was a chance for them to live, I would give it to them.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #25 
CyerRyn

I'm no good with choices so how bout I force the other person to save the animal and sacrifice myself?
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:07 AM   #26 
iheartmybettas

First, I think this is a strange post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
very true so am I lets not let religion ruin this post though
Religion shapes the way people think so that is naturally going to play into a question like this so it by no means can "ruin" this post. Unless someone changes it into a religion debate which wasn't the purpose.

Save a plant? I don't understand why that is even an option. Like if something happened at work I can't see myself stopping to think "Well I really like that fern. Should I save it or my coworker?" Plants are definitely a non-issue. I would leave it even if it was the only thing I might need to save. I would not even consider a plant when in a dangerous situation.

I would always save the person. I love animals and get really attached but I can't see myself chosing an animal over a person. I would be distraught over it for a while but it does go back to how I was raised and how I believe.

If there was no person involved I would save as many animals as I could.
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #27 
Ethan

A plant was in the options because to some people plants are just as valuable as animals to some.( Not me) but everyone has there own option I just didn't want this to turn into a religios debate that was what I was implying
Old 04-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #28 
bettafish15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Working in the service industry, I'd save an animal over 99.9% of the humans I deal with on a daily basis. Of course the animal had better be tame, since I wouldn't want some brushtail possum clawing my face off as I was carrying it to safety.

I never get the whole saving someone just because they're a human. Most people out there aren't deserving of being rescued. Heck, going by the blatant idiocy and cruelty so proudly broadcast on Youtube, I'd probably stop to push some of them further into harm's way.
+1. I only have one person in my family that I would have to save if an emergency occured, and so if she couldnt get herself out then I'd get her out and go back for the animals. Knowing a pet or just some animal was hurting or burning alive would just kill me. If it was some stranger and not my mom in the house, I'd choose the animals. The stranger would likely be able to get himself out.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:40 AM   #29 
Ethan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafish15 View Post
+1. I only have one person in my family that I would have to save if an emergency occured, and so if she couldnt get herself out then I'd get her out and go back for the animals. Knowing a pet or just some animal was hurting or burning alive would just kill me. If it was some stranger and not my mom in the house, I'd choose the animals. The stranger would likely be able to get himself out.
what if that one stranger ended up being your future best friend................just saying giving a more wide range of thought not that I LOVE my animals most likely I'd go for the person just because it's another Human being and like others said if the animals not trappped its most likely to be able to get out.

Last edited by Ethan; 04-19-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:45 AM   #30 
turtle10

Think about this:

A big disaster is happening, like zombies or something, and you just remembered that you have the keys to a boat in the marina. You run to your car and almost drive off when you see a stray dog and a man coming towards you. The stray looks a bit dirty but still pretty healthy and friendly. You recognize the man as a survival expert from TV and the news: he was about to go on trial for the murder of his brother. He said it was self defense, and though there was no verdict as of yet whether or not he was innocent or guilty, most thought he was innocent and would be let go.

You only have room for the stray, but friendly dog or the survival expert on trial for murder.(it is a very small car, a smart car perhaps) Who do you take in the car? You only have about ten seconds to decide before the zombies reach the car.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote