Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #1 
Hokuao

Aloha

Well, it's hard to resist visiting every animal at Petco, so this last visit I didn't even attempt to resist the urge. The instant I got through those automatic doors I darted inside and headed straight for the aquarium section in back. It's always a joy to visit the aquatic section of Petco because all of the employees know what they're talking about and they're kind and love to have conversations with their customers. We were visiting this store because my dad and I were looking at 10 gallon tanks and stands because we wanted a tropical aquarium, but we decided to wait a month in order to get the money for a 29 gallon aquarium. However, when it was time to leave I happened to get a glance of a beautiful HM Male. I fell in love and when I showed my dad he did to0 and decided to purchase it for me. I felt like I was going to explode from excitement. For now he's being kept in a 1 gallon tank with a heater and airstone, but he'll be moved out once the 29 gallon is set up. The stand has more slots on it for smaller aquariums and can easily fit a 2.5 gallon in them, so that's where he's going to stay after we purchase the tank. He's so happy that he's already made a bubble nest. I decided to name him 'Alepo'i (ah leh POE ee) which means Surf in Hawaiian. That's how I got recruited into the world of bettas. I should also add that I'm a brand new member to this forum and the care of bettas. It's great to be a member!

Last edited by Hokuao; 04-19-2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Typo
Hokuao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #2 
Littlebittyfish

Welcome to the forum! I look forward to pictures! Cute name for your betta btw!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:21 PM   #3 
beta novice

welcome to the forums
beta novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #4 
LolaQuigs

Welcome and congrats on your new friend! I love his name too. We love to see pictures of bettas hint hint!
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:43 PM   #5 
Hokuao

It'll be difficult to get a picture of 'Alepo'i, but I'll try my best to get one. He's always moving around like he's in a race and I know that he isn't frightened and that there's nothing wrong with him. 'Alepo'i is just a betta that's so busy he needs to rush around his tank. (Lol, he's such a goof. )
Hokuao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:29 PM   #6 
Tisia

my Sven loves posing nicely right up until I'm about to take the picture, then quickly zipping away, I get a lot of pictures of tail, lol
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote