Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2011, 09:27 PM   #3091 
smellsfishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy69846 View Post
Would you be able to give me some specs on that tank? I am curious about what conditions you had that in. I really like the look of it on that driftwood.
Thanks for all your advice! I am no plant expert at all. I bought the driftwood with the baby tears on it already, from a local fish store, and it slowly died in my tank... :/ lol... Oh well. Sorry. I did nothing to save it.
smellsfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:32 PM   #3092 
newfiedragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmothefreaky View Post
I want to get some Marimo balls for my tank, where would you recommend i get them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Fet View Post
Cheapest would be to order online (there are a bunch on ebay) but if you have a Petsmart nearby they usually have them in stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmothefreaky View Post
Ah-ha!! I just got five of them for $9! Yay! I cant wait for them to get here. :3
Was it the UK company on ebay, Gizmo? I was looking at those too, but I wasn't sure if I'd have to pay more to get them to Canada from the UK. Have you received them yet? If so, did you have to pay anything extra?
newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #3093 
cableguy69846

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellsfishie View Post
Thanks for all your advice! I am no plant expert at all. I bought the driftwood with the baby tears on it already, from a local fish store, and it slowly died in my tank... :/ lol... Oh well. Sorry. I did nothing to save it.
Not your fault. If you would like, I can point you to some planted tank forums to help you out some more.
cableguy69846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #3094 
Lion Mom

Mac's 5 gal. Hawkeye:
Attached Images

Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:55 PM   #3095 
phoenix91

Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy69846 View Post
Not your fault. If you would like, I can point you to some planted tank forums to help you out some more.
If you don't mind, could you point me to some planted tank forums?

I finally got the new plants into Artemis's 5 gallon. I really want to remove the plastic plant (on the left) and replace it with a tall live plant but i haven't found anything that takes my fancy yet. Plus, my girl has finally unclamped her fins and has perked up, i think she likes all the new plants.

Name:  DSCF2255.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  99.2 KB
phoenix91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #3096 
cableguy69846

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix91 View Post
If you don't mind, could you point me to some planted tank forums?

I finally got the new plants into Artemis's 5 gallon. I really want to remove the plastic plant (on the left) and replace it with a tall live plant but i haven't found anything that takes my fancy yet. Plus, my girl has finally unclamped her fins and has perked up, i think she likes all the new plants.

Attachment 27314
No problem. I will send you a PM with the sites in it. And as far as tall plants go, may I suggest a cryptocorn of some sort. There are all shapes, sizes, and colors. You might find something in that group you like.
cableguy69846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #3097 
small fry

I gave Tony a 5 gallon tank to share with an ADF. Here is a picture of the setup right now;
Name:  DSCN3722.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  96.5 KB
Unfortunately, I am pretty sure it is about to be infested with Cyanobacteria again. I just can't get rid of that stuff.
small fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:17 PM   #3098 
Littlebittyfish

Batmans Home...I plan on taking out the gravel and using sand..getting a new heater and a few more plants...also..That cup has got to go eventually...
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #3099 
CyerRyn

Sazzer's future new home. (near near near future)
Yes I know it needs more plants am working on it, but I made sure he's got a few places he can hide in the mean time.

CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:36 AM   #3100 
iheartslb

the two tanks we have are essentially the same, with a few differences in decoration. I don't have a heater or a filter, nor do I have live plants, I'm in TX and the tanks stay warm, and I've never had an issue with the health of my fish, knock on wood! I hope to some day move them into a bigger aquarium (divided, of course) and chuck the small tanks! (I have more pictures on my profile, under the albums, of my bettas!)
iheartslb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank