Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #1 
starzntwilite

Question got a new little crowntail. need advice.

I already have one betta fish and he's doing fantastic. He's active and alert and knows who his mommy is lol. I went to walmart today and just happened to walk by the fish when i saw this little crowntail. At first, it looked like he was puffy by his head. It doesn't seem that way now that i got him home. Of course I had to get him. He's really pretty, but I was wondering if anyone here could look at the pictures of him and tell me if he looks ok. His water was filthy. Right now, he's in one of those betta tanks because I'm not sure if he's sick or anything. He will be in a 2.5 gallon tank with a heater and filter here soon. Name:  IMG_0240.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  117.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0245.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  154.9 KB
starzntwilite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:47 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Nice find....he is very pretty.....by looking at him he look fine, how is his behavior...active and showing interest, swimming without any problems, how did he respond to the fresh water and have you tried to feed him and if so...did he eat or show interest, however, often they will not eat when you first get them...so that would not be a good indicator of health......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #3 
Luimeril

if he were a bit greener, i'd swear he was my Delta, Ichi's Crowntail twin! he's beautiful!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:53 PM   #4 
roadrunner

He is the lucky one. Not many make it from walmart. Since he was in filthy water I would watch for any signs of fin rot in next few days, so you can treat it fast.
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:18 PM   #5 
starzntwilite

thanks everyone. He's been swimming fine and he comes over to me when I walk up to his tank. He's been active and seems to be doing well in the tank. When I was at walmart, he wasnt moving around much but he did come over to me when I was looking at him. I'm gonna keep him in the small tank while I get his regular tank ready. I'll just do water changes every couple of days. Oh, and I gave him 2 pellets and he gobbled them right up.
starzntwilite is offline   Reply With Quote