Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-21-2011, 10:51 PM   #31 
JKfish

okay, now you guys are pretty much trolling.

Abby, I do admit, what you say is right (when you were adressing me), but he seems set on breeding, so the best we can do is help him/guide him so he doesn't kill any other fish. Also, could you try not to double post?

Lola, that was a bit rude, don't you think?
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:13 PM   #32 
LolaQuigs

He is dead set on breeding bettas, and in a previous thread he mentioned he was going to scrap the betta-breeding plan and try to breed guppies. His idea to suddenly scrap his new betta-breeding plans and get a dog just set off alarm bells in my mind. I'm sorry if I came off as curt, I didn't mean to be rude. I'm just concerned for the dog, knowing what we know about how he has treated his fish in the past.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:21 PM   #33 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaQuigs View Post
He is dead set on breeding bettas, and in a previous thread he mentioned he was going to scrap the betta-breeding plan and try to breed guppies. His idea to suddenly scrap his new betta-breeding plans and get a dog just set off alarm bells in my mind. I'm sorry if I came off as curt, I didn't mean to be rude. I'm just concerned for the dog, knowing what we know about how he has treated his fish in the past.
I agree. It is like he doesn't take the time to think his decisions through. One minute he is asking about his spawning set up and that same day says he is going to sell everything and get a dog. Being an animal lover, it rubs me the wrong way to know an animal may potentially not receive the care it deserves.

If you think breeding bettas is difficult, try raising, housebreaking, and training a dog. Not to mention the thousands of dollars in food and vet bills that you will have over the course of the dogs life, which is usually at least 10 years. Also you will have to do research on the dogs diet, because most foods sold at petco and places like that aren't very good.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:54 AM   #34 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
okay, now you guys are pretty much trolling.

Abby, I do admit, what you say is right (when you were adressing me), but he seems set on breeding, so the best we can do is help him/guide him so he doesn't kill any other fish. Also, could you try not to double post?

We are trying to get him to understand hes going about it the wrong way. BUT were all sick of our time going to waste on explaining things because as many times as he says he listens he goes and does it his own way anyway.

and FOR some reason i cant multi post, to multi post i have to open each quote in a new tab and then cut it out. so my apologies.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:58 AM   #35 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle10 View Post
I agree. It is like he doesn't take the time to think his decisions through. One minute he is asking about his spawning set up and that same day says he is going to sell everything and get a dog. Being an animal lover, it rubs me the wrong way to know an animal may potentially not receive the care it deserves.

If you think breeding bettas is difficult, try raising, housebreaking, and training a dog. Not to mention the thousands of dollars in food and vet bills that you will have over the course of the dogs life, which is usually at least 10 years. Also you will have to do research on the dogs diet, because most foods sold at petco and places like that aren't very good.

+10000000

lets see:
my total vet bills for the horses:
milky:$400 (euthanisia)
Toby: $900 (three calls for; choke, back issues and euthanisia)

Dog: OVER $2000 in one year on vet visits and medication

fish: LMAO!

ALSO thats MY horses and MY dog and fish.
my bfs dad spent $1200 on two surgeries for the lab x rotty, then the pups cost maybe $600 in vet bills with desexing and such.

then on top of the food and vet bills (emergency calls) are toys bedding shampoo and conditioners, registering, microchippig vaccinations flea and worm treatments desexing the list goes on and on and on.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:21 AM   #36 
cjayBetta

JKfish, we all have tried to give he sound information/advice and he ignores it or says something that doesn't make sense... either this guy is just to dense OR he is a troll that gets his rocks off jerking around fish keepers.................
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #37 
tracyalexa

Please don't get a dog unless you are prepared. Please, please, please. I may not know a lot about Betta's *yet* but I know pretty much everything about dogs. They are expensive. They are not easy to housebreak without constant attention, depending on what breed you get there are genetic issues that you could run into and it's $$$$. They live 10+ yrs. And you didn't mention breeding a dog so I will just pray you don't considering there are millions in shelters across the country. Sigh....
tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #38 
AkiGari

TLC to mother nature and the animals.
I think even animals need to feel a level of safety to
procreate and thrive. Maybe try meditation.
AkiGari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:34 PM   #39 
JKfish

Cjbettas and Abby, I completely understand, but, we have to try and stay polite. Getting frustrated will only make things worse. If you are going to get frustrated and adopt a nasty tone, you simply don't post, ther is such a thing as ignoring posts.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #40 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
Cjbettas and Abby, I completely understand, but, we have to try and stay polite. Getting frustrated will only make things worse. If you are going to get frustrated and adopt a nasty tone, you simply don't post, ther is such a thing as ignoring posts.
I agree. As aggravating as this guy is, it is important to be respectful to him even if he isn't being respectful to his bettas, at least to set an example.

This guy is really making mad, like real mad, by keeping trying to breed. But I don't think the situation gets any better when we are rude, no matter how much we think he deserves it.

But, I do think he needs to stop trying to get fry, especially since in an earlier post he said he was just going to sell everything and get a dog.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote