Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-23-2011, 07:49 PM   #11 
Alex09

Get a smooth plastic plant (none of those spiky ones)
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:05 PM   #12 
Silverfang

if you're worried about her getting tangled, better be careful, my boy keeps trying to get stuck in the roots, he never does get stuck, but he seems to enjoy the cramped space.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #13 
Arashi Takamine

Well we wound up getting a bigger version of the one she already has. We looked at other plants but despite how soft they felt to us our thoughts were: "Is she going to end up tearing herself on it?" So we wound up buying another green one. I fed her over it and she lept at a pellet that got stuck out of her reach. I looked at one that was in the store and it was frayed. I think it was frayed already and she was chewing on the loose threads.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:19 PM   #14 
Thunderloon

I just don't do fake plants at all.

Too much time spent in the manufacturing industry; there's no way to clean people off of plastics and cloths and I don't trust them to be safe.

The anubias is VERY hardy. I drove my hardness down to 10ppm with Hyper and ion bags and the anubias just got GREENER whereas all the rest of the plants freaked out or started to wilt. Even that insane onion faded some.

Try getting a banana plant as well as anubias. Banana plants have big potato chip like leaves and will send up a red lilly-padish leaf to make a new banana cluster which is a new banana plant.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote