Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #1 
n3wport

Smile Tell me about your aquabid experiences!

okay so.. my mom finally gave in to me getting another tank. I love my white betta from petco but ever since I joined this forum and seeing all the awesome aquabid fish I really wanted to try aquabid out. Just once... (cite this for future reference when I am getting 6 or 7 bettas.. lol)

Okay, so, are there any sellers that you personally favor? Is there anything I should look out for that could be a redflag?
How many betta fish have you bought from ab.. and have any arrived DOA and do you know why?
Or anything else you want to tell me about aquabid so I can make a safe purchase for a betta off of there! Thanks!
n3wport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:02 PM   #2 
tracyalexa

I purchased one about 3 weeks ago. He is beautiful! I bought him from ploybettas. Trans shipper Jennifer V. I bid & got him pretty quickly (about 10 days?). Only issue I had was the stupid post man. lol. Ploybettas has some beautiful fish. So does jennifer - hoppdiggity I think her name is & she is in the US.
tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #3 
Lion Mom

I have purchased most of my bettas on AB from these two - husband & wife team in Louisiana:

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...ler&84elmo2001

and:

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...wseller&M1247m

In the couple (or more ? ) years I have been purchasing bettas from AB, I have had only 1 D.O.A. and that was from Jennifer (hoppdiggity). She, for whatever reason, used too large of a heat pack for the small box. To her credit, though, she took full responsibility & refunded my ENTIRE payment - shipping included!!! I would not be at all afraid to try her again at some point in the future.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #4 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyalexa View Post
I purchased one about 3 weeks ago. He is beautiful! I bought him from ploybettas. Trans shipper Jennifer V. I bid & got him pretty quickly (about 10 days?). Only issue I had was the stupid post man. lol. Ploybettas has some beautiful fish. So does jennifer - hoppdiggity I think her name is & she is in the US.
I hope you don't mind my asking, but how much does Jennifer charge in trans-shipping fees? Thanks!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:55 PM   #5 
JKfish

I bought from interbettas a while ago, and everything went smoothly. I too used Jennifer, and she was amazing.

her costs are as follows:

2 dollars import fee (per fish)
2 dollars handling fee (per fish)
5 dollar box fee (can be refunded if you mail the box and styrafoam back)
2 dollar heat pack (if necessary)
and shipping. priority for 1-2 bettas is 10 dollars, and express for 1-2 bettas is about 20 something.

here's the page that explains her fees. just scroll down to the purple box. :)
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:12 PM   #6 
Ariel1719

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
I bought from interbettas a while ago, and everything went smoothly. I too used Jennifer, and she was amazing.

and shipping. priority for 1-2 bettas is 10 dollars, and express for 1-2 bettas is about 20 something.

Wow why is it so much cheaper to tranship to the states, than canada? Really weird.

I have two fishies comming this week from AB so we shall see!
Ariel1719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:24 PM   #7 
n3wport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post

Okay, so when I get the tank set up and I find a betta I want, would you mind me messaging you about what steps to take into getting the fish shipped to here? it seems a little confusing!
:)
n3wport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #8 
MrVampire181

All are good...I've bought from the_K, Martinismommy, Chaba, and Ploybettas...all fish spawned and are doing well :)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:42 PM   #9 
JKfish

well, I'll tell you now, and feel free to ask again if necessary :D

1) you win/buy the fish
2) the seller will email you the price of the fish plus exporting (5 dollars), and tell you to pay him or her via paypal. Respond back by telling him or her which trans-shipper you want.
3) The shipper will ship out your betta on the closest monday, and will be recieved by your transhipper on Tuesday.
4) the trans-shipper will send you an email tuesday once they get them, along with the costs.
5) You pay via paypal for whatever method of shipping your chose, and if necessary leave a little note specifying anything in particular, like if you don't want a signature to be necessary, or if you want it to be kept in the post office, or whatever.
6) The transhipper ships out your fish ASAP and sends you an email with the tracking number.
7) unless there is an issue, you will get your fish the day that is expected.
8) You send an email to your trans-shipper saying you got your betta alright without any issues, and then it's common to leave feeback to the seller.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:04 PM   #10 
nowzem

I've ordered (ok I'm not even saying how many) bettas this week, from hopdiggity and two other sellers. Hopdiggity has been awesome to work with and so has one of the other sellers, one has been seriously lacking in communication, which is important to me! Hopdiggity has been super helpful/nice/communicative, but I haven't received my fish yet (this week!) I'll post when I get them and maybe my posts will help you more then! I've heard that martinsmommy is excellent as well but that seller didn't have any offferings when I was looking.
nowzem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid