Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2011, 06:06 PM   #1 
tracyalexa

divided up 10 gal, 3 ways...

Still need to get some plants (tomorrow). There is moss on top but I need plants. Hopefully they like it. Observing now...

tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:26 PM   #2 
PewPewPew

Nice. Id suggest getting some dwarf anubias or small java ferns (get a few) and tether them to your decorations, where they'll grow really really well. Unless you get more substrate, though, you cant do as much with rooted plants. :c If you add about 2inches (3 is better) you can add in swords and crypts, which like deep substrate, which fan and fluff beautifully! :D

Why is the water that color?
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:32 AM   #3 
tracyalexa

I have almond leaves in the water. Turns it a darker color. There is only 1 in there and I've read they like it. I have them in all my tanks and knock on wood, no issues.

I am not really fond of gravel but I did like sand and tried it in a tank, it was really rinsed well but for some reason my water got really cloudy.

I have to go to the LFS today so I will def see if they have the java fern.
tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:08 PM   #4 
PewPewPew

IAL is great, I doubt you'll have issue.
And woo, I hope you can find a few, theyre great. If they like where they live, they sprout babies under their leaves, which you can then take off and place in the tank. It takes a while, but theyre cute.
If youre going to add them, I suggest a liquid fertilizer, which will help keep them lush and pretty. Picking up a small amount of unscented epsom salt also helps in their growth- the magnesium sulfate gives a boost. I add like .5tsp/gallon (if that, lol) every couple of larger water changes.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote