Alright, in school, I am doing a project, and of course, since I have been infected with the betta bug, I decide to do one on the neglect and abuse of fish. So, I was wondering if you guys could answer some questions for me? Im mainly looking for experts/breeders but any amateur who is willing to help is welcome. :) I hope you don't mind me using your usernames.
Please answer these questions:
1. Are conditions in chain petstores intentional abuse, or just plain neglect?
2. Can a fish really thrive in a bowl?
3. How fast can ammonia build up in a tank?
4. Is traditional Thai Betta fighting ethnical? What about clueless people who fight them to the death?
5. Why is such bad information given out about Bettas and Goldfish?
6. What is the minimum for a Goldfish? A Betta?
7. What can we do to help?
Thanks a bunch. I'm gonna educate my class, and hopefully they will spread the word! :D