Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #3101 
lalalaura

I used to have 2 of my bettas in a divided tank but I was worried that one of them was getting too stressed out so I decided it was best to put them in separate tanks.

About 2 weeks ago I made a better divider and they can't see each other very well through it. Both are calm and healthy and happy! Toothless (HM) is the one on the left and Mauve (CT) is on the right :) .

They are in a 5.5 gallon heated and filtered tank :) I cut a slit in the filter so I could put the intake on one side and the outtake on the other side (the sponge hanging down is to baffle the water flow). I used plexiglass (I sanded it to make it opaque) for the divider and drilled a lot of little holes so the water could flow through.
Attached Images

lalalaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #3102 
cjayBetta

awwww i want a black betta to name VADER!
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #3103 
lalalaura

LOL his name used to be Vader!!! But after watching him swim for hours on end he reminded me of Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon so he had name change :P. I might change it to Dragon though so I'm not copying the movie lol.
lalalaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:18 PM   #3104 
ireland

I couldn't get Silfire to stay still so hes blurred in the picture, but here is his 10 gallon tank.

Those shots are a few months old, the plants have grew more into a jungle, but Silfire can still get around easily. I made him a cave out of two driftwood, he usually goes in there at night to sleep and comes out in the day time. The best part about his home is the nematodes, small worms that are half an inch, that lives in the substrate. I'm not really sure what the name of the nematode is, but Silfire sure loves to eat them whenever he gets the chance. They're usually lodged in the gravel, but every now and then I see one or two floating about in the water column and they become snacks.
ireland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:52 PM   #3105 
CyerRyn

This is currently my new set-up. I know I posted in this thread twice in the past with my bowl and again with a future set-up which I changed. My bowl is currently containing a walmart baby crowntail that I decided to rescue from disastrous poo water. It stay's around 75F inside I try to keep it warm by my frequent daily water changes (daily 25%, 100% weekly) plus my apartment stay's pretty warm except at night.

And my 10gal ( I know I posted a pic in another thread, but here's my current *altered* set-up )

Also to clarify with this set up, the divider goes up to the top of the tank, doesn't end at the end of the glass. I have a board set up as a make-shift cover to prevent them from trying to jump over to the other side.
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #3106 
JenMarie10

My 10 gallon betta sorority. 2 CT 3 VT Females. All artificial plants so far. Plan on adding some real ones in a week or two.

Last edited by JenMarie10; 04-24-2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Picture didn't show up.
JenMarie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:00 AM   #3107 
Gnome507

OMG! JenMarie10 that turtle is too cute ^___^ Lol nice cute setup!!
Gnome507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:38 AM   #3108 
JenMarie10

Thank you! =].
JenMarie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #3109 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyerRyn View Post
This is currently my new set-up. I know I posted in this thread twice in the past with my bowl and again with a future set-up which I changed. My bowl is currently containing a walmart baby crowntail that I decided to rescue from disastrous poo water. It stay's around 75F inside I try to keep it warm by my frequent daily water changes (daily 25%, 100% weekly) plus my apartment stay's pretty warm except at night.

And my 10gal ( I know I posted a pic in another thread, but here's my current *altered* set-up )

Also to clarify with this set up, the divider goes up to the top of the tank, doesn't end at the end of the glass. I have a board set up as a make-shift cover to prevent them from trying to jump over to the other side.
Nice!
Have you heard of versa hinged tops? I got one for my divided 10 gallon...It is very nice! It sits right against the divider so there's no way they can jump over to the other sections.

http://www.petco.com/product/107312/...t=OnSiteSearch
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #3110 
CyerRyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
Nice!
Have you heard of versa hinged tops? I got one for my divided 10 gallon...It is very nice! It sits right against the divider so there's no way they can jump over to the other sections.

http://www.petco.com/product/107312/...t=OnSiteSearch
Thx for the suggestion, I'll have to get one. The wood board seems to be working fine for now. I have a hood for that tank with lights and such but after putting in the divider it won't sit on there anymore. Oh well. :<
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, don'tmindmejustatag, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, ihavetoomanybettas, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, omgwecanedittags?, tank