Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #11 
PitGurl

I've been told I'm going to end up on Animal Hoarders, lol!

@ Tokala- Who got fishnapped?
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #12 
Sweeda88

Sure you can see a picture of Sequin! In fact, you can see two! Here he is.
Attached Images

Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #13 
tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitGurl View Post
I've been told I'm going to end up on Animal Hoarders, lol!

@ Tokala- Who got fishnapped?
Cerro did! My only pet store betta. Golden halfmoon that I got the day Siku died. My dad is a musician, and has his tank in his studio. He said he helps him zone out and find the tune. He also loves to do his water changes :D Here is his picture:

@ sweeda, he is beautiful! :D
Attached Images

tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:22 PM   #14 
Sweeda88

@Tokala Thank you! You can see why he's my favorite. When I got him, he was the only one at Walmart that looked healthy. He's my baby.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:25 PM   #15 
tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
@Tokala Thank you! You can see why he's my favorite. When I got him, he was the only one at Walmart that looked healthy. He's my baby.
I love his name! And there is always something about the "first" ones haha. You can't replace that feeling because its all new! How old is he? Diablo (avatar) has become my baby. His name is misleading- he is the sweetest, most gentle little guy. I thought I was going to loose him for the longest time. I think all the doctoring made me way more attached.
tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:27 PM   #16 
Bettaluver4evr

I love your bettas guys! :D Love love love. :) Bertie was a gift for doing some tough work in the garage in June. Dumbo I got because my cat was put to sleep and I was really sad about it. Butterfly was impulse. Poor lil guy was dying and going crazy in his cup, and I thought "no way, he's so gorgeous and his fins are so pretty! I have to save him" so I begged and pleaded and I was able to get him. I thought three was my lucky number, no exceptions. Even if I wanted exceptions... but I saw Luna in this little blue toilet water cup, and I had never wanted a betta so badly! I was literally crying as I left the store. Then I came back 5 days later and she was still there. Begged again. No! Two days later, finally able to get her. My parents now have it in writing that I won't ask for any more bettas unless one of mine die. So sad! So I have 4 bettas. Haven't lost a betta in 10 months!
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:28 PM   #17 
Sweeda88

I've had him since October, but I have no idea how old he was when I got him. I've heard Walmart Bettas are around 6 months to a year old. So anywhere from 11 months old to 17 months old. I've only had him 5 months, though. He's was pretty big when I got him, so I think he was at least a year old.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #18 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

I've got all the betta girls listed in my signature. I have mostly VT - My largest and oldest girl (and the most aggressive) is my 3" Baby Blue (who shares a split 5 gal with a guppy who just lost his pregnant mate), and my youngest is a CT, Tiny Princess. They are all so different, each one is unique.

Bettas are by far the most interesting fish I've kept, although the guppies are a close second...
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #19 
tracyalexa

I went from one (that I didn't want) to 13 in about 7 weeks. Sigh. I am used to having "lots" of pets but usually they are dogs. Honestly I couldn't have liked fish LESS if I tried. But one day my daughter's fish died and I felt really bad about it. She kept asking for another one so off we went to the store and I bought this 3 gal divided 3 ways tank & 3 bettas. THEN I started researching, found this board, found out everything I was doing WRONG lol and then I started getting serious, realizing how beautiful these guys are and wanted to do an "aquarium" room in my house, so I did. No parents here to say no, hahah. Well, actually my parents live on the 1st floor of a 3 decker and my mom comes up often and thinks I am insane for "all of a sudden getting into fish". Whatever...I love my guys. ;)
tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #20 
Arashi Takamine

Aki was the first I got that survived. He showed off the most and I couldn't leave without him. When I brought him home our bond began. Even now when I'm in the room or when anyone else is in the room he sits close to where he can be near us. When my Dad's watching basketball I've caught Aki watching until the game was over. Wonder if he's a Bulls fan. XD

There's something about the ones who bond with us. Where we want to do anything for them right?
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote