Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-26-2011, 04:43 PM   #11 
Burd

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Take care to keep the tank under 78' (76-77'), keep it clean and dark while those fins heal..

Add in at least 1tsp/gallon of AQ salt to ward off infection, seeing as how she looks like she was shredded. 2-3tsp/gallon should be implemented if/when you begin to see fuzzy fins.
Already did the salt. Went and got it immediately the next morning. Would've gotten it that night but it was already midnight by the time we got home and I refuse to patron walmart anymore.

As for the temp... I can't! It SUCKS. Even with the AC in my apartment and the heater/light unplugged the tank is staying at 78/80. Ugh. I hate this place sometimes. They need to replace my AC. :/
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #12 
Lion Mom

I kind of thought that was the reason, but thank you for the confirmation. :)

TBH, I do have a couple that are at 77 degrees and they are FINE!!!!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #13 
masshiimarro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Take care to keep the tank under 78' (76-77'), keep it clean and dark while those fins heal..

Add in at least 1tsp/gallon of AQ salt to ward off infection, seeing as how she looks like she was shredded. 2-3tsp/gallon should be implemented if/when you begin to see fuzzy fins.
well... bard and i had the same problem at the same time ... so im benefiting from this thread as well..

just wanted to ask, for the 1 tsp/gallon salt, does that mean if i have a 10 gallon i would have to add 10 tsp of salt?.. i dont want to overdose on the salt
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:54 PM   #14 
PewPewPew

Yes, that means its 10tsp of salt. Right now, for a fish with severe fin damage (and fuzz), Im using 3tsp/gallon...15 tsps in my 5 gallon x.x

If you cant reduce the temp, its fine! Dont worry. Id up the salt to 2-3tsps, though. Especially since both have hurt fins.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:59 PM   #15 
masshiimarro

does that amount of salt have any sort of negative impact on snails? i have nerites with my bettas..
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #16 
PewPewPew

I would take the nerite out for the time..I have one too and as a rule like to take her out to assure her safety. They can live well with the salt, but its better to not chance things!

Put her in a QT or a vase with water and float it in the tank, with some live plants if you can!

Btw- remove the plants if theyre live...Salt can kill some types.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote