Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #31 
demonr6

My issue is Polo chases the shrimp out of the tank and to their deaths. Dante is more forgiving although I caught him harassing the apple snail when I first put it in there. That snail is now over two inches and bigger than Dante so he does not mess with it anymore. I don't know what I am going to do about that snail, it is getting too big and does not seem to stop growing. HELP! We bought two of them at the same place, same white snail and this guy is 5x the size. They are kept in different tanks though. He is easily as big as a golf ball now.
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:58 AM   #32 
shinybetta

He'll get bigger! Mine is over the size of a golfball, and there isn't much you can do.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #33 
Burd

Dude I have the ghost shrimp from HELL in my tank. The bugger is bigger than my female betta fish. He's peaceful at least but DAYUM.
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #34 
demonr6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinybetta View Post
He'll get bigger! Mine is over the size of a golfball, and there isn't much you can do.
That is my in to get a much larger tank.. you know, for the sake of the snail. I told my wife let's get rid of it and take it back to the LFS but she is attached to it so if you want the snail, I get a bigger tank!! muahahahaha!
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #35 
bettalover2033

I completely agree this This topic about being mean to a shrimp was okay in the beginning but has gone way too far! The shrimp is not harmful. All that it cold do to defend itself is do what it has done to the half-moon. As for the shrimp if you are planning on hurting him or killing him, this is considered animal cruelty. You guys really need to grow up and do the right thing and either give it away or sell I or separate it from the betta. Did you ever think of if it was a betta, how would you feel if it was the betta or you were he shrimp it would be so cruel to do Ny of hat stuff. It was okay if it was a joke and it wasn't so graphic.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:57 PM   #36 
BlakbirdxGyarados

lol wow, I love your addition of .gifs. xD

Reminds me of a story about an algae eater sucking the scales off of the other fish....

D8

Last edited by BlakbirdxGyarados; 04-26-2011 at 04:04 PM. Reason: I can't speeell.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:52 PM   #37 
shinybetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burd View Post
Dude I have the ghost shrimp from HELL in my tank. The bugger is bigger than my female betta fish. He's peaceful at least but DAYUM.
He may be a macrobracium. Can you get pics? Some machrobrachiums are semi-peaceful.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:55 PM   #38 
GienahClarette

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakbirdxGyarados View Post
lol wow, I love your addition of .gifs. xD

Reminds me of a story about an algae eater sucking the scales off of the other fish....

D8
Ahuubawhaaaat? That's like the substance of my nightmares. D8
GienahClarette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #39 
lalalaura

HAHA that was great! Ghost shrimp creep me out. I don't think you should experiment on it though, they are living things and don't deserve that. Flush it or do something that will give it a quick death.

Ew I bought two of them to put in my 5.5 gallon because my fish would spit his food out and it would sink all over the bottom. So I put the shrimp in a QT tank for a bit and every time I would look at them I would get the creeps. Then the next day I noticed one of them was dead and turned pink and white and the other one was having him for an afternoon snack. Ugh it was gross but I couldn't even bring myself to touch the tank they were in so I got my dad to empty some water and pour alcohol in with them and flush them while I wasn't looking. Needless to say the female had gross green eggs all over her belly and I did not want that in my tank. Bleh gross. Even thinking about it grosses me out. EWW
lalalaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #40 
GienahClarette

Ok, guys. I've stated at least once that Mr. Shrimp isn't getting experimented on. He's in quarantine right now until I have another tank.

So, it'd be cool if people would read through what's actually happened before startin' on the 'don't be cruel' train. Also, punctuation is awesome. Run-on sentences aren't.
GienahClarette is offline   Reply With Quote