Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #31 
jschristian44

yeah maybe it just isn't meant to be. i don't know. the male is still building a large nest and the female is just chillin with her stripes.

if anyone could help that would be awesome. i dont know what else to do. i think im doing everything right its just i cant get them to embrace each other. the water temperature, almond leaves, hiding places, 10 gallon tanks, tropical sun light, 6-7 inch water level. all the conditions are right. it's just a waiting game right now i guess i dont know how long should i wait. i could leave them in there 2 weeks and still no spawn. is it true that it will happen when i least expect it? like all good things in life, they happen when you least expect it i heard. i dont know but please help all i want are eggs and babies. i have banana worm culture ready to feed the babies as well as live plants and flake food. the baby situation is fine, i can find them homes etc. all i want to do now is embrace them. it seems like i've been on this forum forever trying to breed a simple pair of bettas, but they just never do. the male right now is building a huge nest. he checks on the female every now and then after a while and they like rub into each other. thats a way better sign of him just chasing her all around right?
jschristian44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:58 PM   #32 
jschristian44

i am pretty sure conditioning is right for a successful spawn but how big should i let her belly get. it was already about to burst so i thought she was fine.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:07 PM   #33 
rubyfire

Sounds good to me...As long as the male is still interested in building a bubblenest then it is a good sign.(At least by me it is)
Sounds to me like you may have spawnage tonight or tomorrow.;) Just don't give up. It is worth it in the end.
And yes sometimes the best things do happen unexpectedly...but then again so do bad things :s

Oh and I'd like to see some pics or video of your set up too.
rubyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #34 
rubyfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschristian44 View Post
i am pretty sure conditioning is right for a successful spawn but how big should i let her belly get. it was already about to burst so i thought she was fine.
Sometimes you dont need to condition the whole time suggested. Every fish is different and if she looked to be about to burst I think you made the right decision.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #35 
jschristian44

ah yes thanks for reminding me that bad things happen as well. i would take pictures and video but i sold my camera. all i got is my cell phone which is crappy but it will give you an idea.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:26 PM   #36 
jschristian44

here is some video and pics-

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

in the video, the last little container is my banana worms. they are thriving. i just replace them every week or so once it starts smelling vinegary and transfer them into my other container. it works very well. i can have them going for quite a while at this rate and always have live fry food. now i just need fry. i hate to say it, but i am going to give up on breeding i think. i get them so close to breeding and either the female gets beat up to much or they just do not breed. i don't know what else to try, it seems like it is the same thing over and over and over, like a never ending thing. it's really getting old.

Last edited by jschristian44; 04-28-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #37 
rubyfire

The video is of right now right?
If so it looks like everything is going good! Now you just have wait.....;)
Like I said it seems to me that you'll have a spawn by late tonight or tomorrow.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #38 
jschristian44

yeah that is wishful thinking. at this point that is what i thought before as well. but it just never happened. the male will probably have 1/4 of the tank covered with bubbles but the female will just never go under and embrace. maybe it's my negetive thinking after all my unsuccessful spawnings. ive tried all different ages as well. they said younger is the best so we will have to see. first i tried an old pair and all they did was fight. then i tried 6 month old pair and they fought and are doing the same thing this pair is almost. now this pair is 3 months old and they are related to each other. i even read somewhere that this is even better because it stays in the gene pool or something. but i just really hope they would spawn. i dont even care if i see them spawn i want eggs. seeing them embrace will make me even more happier though. i don't think i could hold my excitement in any longer if they actually did embrace. it seems like ive been waiting a lifetime to get some eggs. the closest thing i ever got is with my first time. i took the female out because it looked like the male was beating her up bad. i woke up to find spent eggs in her medicine bowl so i was quite dissapointed. if i had left her in she probably would have spawned. her belly looked like the females i have in there right now. but yes the photos and video were of right now. thanks for your support. you can pray for me too if you want i wouldn't care.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #39 
jschristian44

does anyone know what these 1 inch white worms are doing right above the water level. where the heck did they come from.

ps im taking another video. im combining them as well as they have my voice.

Last edited by jschristian44; 04-28-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #40 
rubyfire

I'm not sure what the worms are or were they come from but they mean you may have other little critters that your fry can snack on if/when you get fry.