Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #21 
Baylor The Modern Hero

Figured that this calls for a bit of a eulogy.
On April 27th, 2011, Saito the Betta fish suffered from an allergic reaction caused by the very medicine that was promised to cure him of his progressing fin-rot. The reaction caused him to lose all color in his fins, his gills to malfunction, and he eventually passed away at 10:15 P.M. Central time.
Though Saito hadn't been around long, he was just as much a part of my family as anyone. He always knew when someone was around, as he would start darting back and forth in front of the tank he called his home. He shared his tank with a bamboo stalk named Poseidon, who was the quiet one.
Saito was a rather fond of my computer as well. When he was in his temporary home in a small tank next to my computer, he would just stare at the screen. He would occasionally nip my finger in a friendly gesture when I placed it in the water, and he would float around towards my finger when I placed it outside the tank.
He was a goofy fish who loved to show off his brilliant colors and amazing swimming skills. He looked forward to Sundays more than a priest would, as Sunday he would get a treat of Blood worms. He also liked attention and would often go to extremes to get it, such as pinning himself behind the filter. Nobody could have seen foreseen his allergic reaction to the medication, and even in his final moments he knew that he was loved, as he would try his hardest to paddle his way over to my hand when I gave him reassurance. (I am literally crying right now as I type this. Dang it...)
Though he may be gone physically, Saito will always be in the hearts of those around him, and his spirit will live on.

Last edited by Baylor The Modern Hero; 04-28-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Baylor The Modern Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:36 PM   #22 
turtle10

Rest in Peace, Saito.

<3
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emergency, tail rot, tattered