Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-30-2011, 11:08 PM   #1 
BabyFishie202

Kritter Keeper or Gallon bowl

Hi, i am getting a new betta next week so i have been thinking about what tank will he be in so i asked my mom if i could get a new tank so i decided to get either a Gallon bowl( Will only use for a few months intil i could upgrade) or a 3 gallon Kritter Keeper.
I am thinking about that i would need a filter and heater , but i dont know which to pick
BabyFishie202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:15 PM   #2 
Luimeril

Kritter Keep. :p they're amazing little tanks. not very pretty, but they do their job well. you can put a heater in them, too.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #3 
BabyFishie202

Ok thanks

Should i get a filter too for it?

Which filter would you reccommend?
BabyFishie202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:50 PM   #4 
Johnificent

well, you don't really need filters for a betta :P so, i would go with a heater, because betta fish are tropical, which means that they live in warm temperatures XD besides, most filters have strong currents that kind of bother your betta :P
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:12 AM   #5 
naturegirl243

I would go with the kritter keeper and if you have to chose between a heater and a filter I would always choose(for bettas) a heater since they are tropical fish and most of them don't like filters anyways they are more for the people not the fish lol. If you really want a filter or have the extra $ for one this is a great one for little tanks http://www.petco.com/product/12460/T...r-Filters.aspx
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:55 AM   #6 
PewPewPew

I often recommend the 10w Marineland heaters, found at petcos and petsmarts for under $20 (pretty cheap), usually even less than that with a petperks card.

Btw- Your betta needs a heater, not unlike how a dog needs food. It is not optional in order to care for them correctly.

They do not* need a filter.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:22 AM   #7 
ollief9

Quote:
Btw- Your betta needs a heater, not unlike how a dog needs food. It is not optional in order to care for them correctly.
Hear hear. I would get the Kritter Keeper by the way. I kept my betta in one for a few months and he was fine.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:07 AM   #8 
Harley

Definitely go with the kritter keeper. The heater is a must. You don't need a filter necessarily but you will have to do more frequent water changes without it.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:36 AM   #9 
Littlebittyfish

I would go with the 3 gallon critter keeper. My one betta lives in a 3 gallon critter carrier happily..No filter...It is important to have a heater though...
I have heard good review on this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Hagen-Mini-Sub...sr=1-1-catcorr
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote