Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #11 
Blazer23

Oh didnt see that
Blazer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #12 
Bettawolf19

Its alright. I forgot to add it to the first post because I was freaking out a bit.
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #13 
Blazer23

You can always edit your post though, the button is the bottom right of any post.
Blazer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:12 PM   #14 
Bettawolf19

Unhappy Please help

The green dot of doom has turned white and I do believe it has devoloped into ick(or it was ick in the first place). Water perimaters have not changed and I did a 50% water change last night and still no help. I do believe it has spread to the female guppy as well. Both are now in their cups and the female just sits at the bottom and I think she's dying or she's dead. Everytime I think she's dead she moves but I don't understand anything thats going on. I think because she is a old guppy(like full grown at 2inches or so) that the water change yesturday was just to much for her. I've only had her since the 14th and she gave birth on the 18th and she was doing fine until yesturday and now shes on her side and not moving and hasn't moved over 10 mins so I think she passed..

I just don't know whats going on anymore everything's just going insane. Oscar with his dot the female and her passing its just. What do I do? What did I do? Just please someone just help me. I don't know if I can treat oscar with the Aquarium salt after I just treated him for finrot a little over 2 weeks ago. The only thing in the tank now is Oscar in his cup and Anacharis and a lily bulb as well as a Anubia nana plant.

Here's some pictures:
http://img35.imageshack.us/i/1061632.jpg/
http://img204.imageshack.us/i/1061651.jpg/
http://img847.imageshack.us/i/1061645.jpg/
http://img17.imageshack.us/i/1061641.jpg/

The first post still applies in all the info other then the female has passed(But not in the tank itself she passed in the cup). Just please soemone help.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:46 AM   #15 
Bettawolf19

Update and more info

Sorry for the long post wouldn't let me edit any of my previous posts.

Here's a picture of the white thread hanging off of Oscar's fin as well as the white spot. My question is if it's a fungus and can it be treated although Oscar had treatment for his finrot the 3rd through the 13th of this month. I just did a 50% water change yesturday and His tankmate (a female guppy) died today from what I suspect was both old age and the water change. I didn't see anything hanging onto her or anything like that. She was just very lathargic the past few days though she would still swim but today she was staying at the bottom and not really moving so I moved her to a cup to observe her but she ended up passing away a hour or so after. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Here's the info:

Housing
What size is your tank? 10gal
What temperature is your tank? Between 75-79F
Does your tank have a filter? Yes
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? No though he used to have a female guppy on a divided side but she passed away.

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? A mixture of TOPFIN Color Enhancing Betta Bits, Freeze dried Bloodworms, Frozen Brine Shrimp and at times a guppy fry.
How often do you feed your betta fish? Once a day with a fast everyweek as well.

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? Every week or week and a half
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? I did a 50% water change yesturday but I used to do 35-40% What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Water Conditioner although in the past I used Aquarium salt
Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 20-40ppm
pH: N/A
Hardness: N/A
Alkalinity: N/A

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? Read above
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? Eats the same, swims around just fine.
When did you start noticing the symptoms? Yesturday/Today
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? No
Does your fish have any history of being ill? Finrot
How old is your fish (approximately)? Year and a half + or - a few months

The white spot:

And the white thread:
Also a quick question: Is the white lining on the bottom of his fins show new growth?
Old 05-01-2011, 05:46 AM   #16 
Thunderloon

Immediately treat the tank he was in for Ich.

White dot followed by a blown-out skin color patch is what it looks like.

The guppies are gonna be sensitive to salt so I'd suggest about 50% normal dose of Lifeguard or an actual ich treatment like anti-parasites, natural quinines or anti-fungals (jungle ick clear is antifungals).

You have to treat ich while it is in the water/rocks because you can't get to it inside the fish. This usually means ten days treatment. Ich WILL KILL guppies.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:08 AM   #17 
Silverfang

on the bright side, that does look like fin regrowth. Hope you get him better
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #18 
Bettawolf19

So I treat the whole tank with 3tsp/gal of Aqua-salt or should I quarentine him and then do the 10 day treatment? Becuase I have dried Oak Leaves on hand(whole boxfull). Or QT him and do the treatment with both the salt and the Oak leaf while dosing the tank itself but have him floating in it for the heat? Then when the treatments done do a 50% water change before putting him back in the tank? Which would be best? I have a jug of water already seeping with Oak leaf right now because I prepared it last night but I haven't added the salt.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:52 PM   #19 
Bettawolf19

*Note that there is no Guppies in the tank though I did have a male in there for a night to see if he would perk up the female but took him out after she wasn't doing good.
**Also I ahve plants in the tank and I do believe they are sensitive to salts so should I remove them and maybe bleach them(1 part bleach to 10 parts water?) to remove the Ich.

Thanks for your help :D

Tags
crowntail, oscar