Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-01-2011, 04:08 AM   #11 
baylee767

No I don't have a suitable tank for QT

I'm hoping to be able to return them tomorrow. Honestly it was dumb of me to not do enough research in the first place, poor things are put through the stress of having to go to another tank only to go back to the store because of me I'll probably put off platies for at least a month to try and cram in as much research as I can. Then I'll probably just get 1 male...
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #12 
crowntail lover

I have been breeding and selling Mollies for about 2 1/2 years now and I house all of mine is freshwater 20g tanks and I have had nothing but healthy and happy fish!
And both platies and mollies breed like CRAZY so you will be running a risk of having fry if you buy 3 females of either type.. but another thing is..you will be adding them into a tank that already has a betta....those fry wouldnt last very long IMO.
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #13 
luluo

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntail lover View Post
I have been breeding and selling Mollies for about 2 1/2 years now and I house all of mine is freshwater 20g tanks and I have had nothing but healthy and happy fish!
And both platies and mollies breed like CRAZY so you will be running a risk of having fry if you buy 3 females of either type.. but another thing is..you will be adding them into a tank that already has a betta....those fry wouldnt last very long IMO.
That is good to know about the freshwater. So much of what I've read says that they do best in brackish but can survive fresh. Good to know that they can thrive in fresh.
luluo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:52 PM   #14 
crowntail lover

I just have never liked the brackish set up.... That's just me. ;] and when it comes to housing mollies and other tropical community fish.. I don't like to house with Bettas because of all the different foods. It's so easy for the wrong fish to eat the wrong food. But the times I have housed mollies with my Bettas I always added females. They are leas aggressive and easy going.
crowntail lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #15 
baylee767

Well, they've been returned. Should've checked up on this thread first lol. But hey, I'll get platies at another point in time which will probably be better in fresh water. I have a feeling you have to be a really expirienced fish keeper to make a molly thrive in freshwater (=
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote