Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #11 
JKfish

:( It's sad how people use fish as decorations.... what did they do with them after the wedding? I doubt they'd keep them seeing as fully grown, they'll need 20 gallons each, and most of them live for a good 20 or so years...
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #12 
Arianthy

She let the guest take them home... they'll probably end up like the gold fish i won back in elementary school, even though i loved that fish... i didnt know how to properly take care of it... RIP Tenths (idk why i name him that but i do remember burring him in the back yard when he died.)
Arianthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #13 
lalalaura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianthy View Post
Its off the topic of bettas but about small bottles.... My sister's best friend had her wedding in Los Vegas and her reception was in town yesterday... On each table they put glass flower vases with an narrow neck, blue polished glass as grave and put 3-4 feeder gold fish in them... its was less then half a gallon of water in each vase.. i took the one on my table home with me and i had trouble getting out one of the fishies.... T_T I feel sorry for all the others that i couldnt take with me... I cant imagine it being an easy task to clean out these bottles if i couldnt even get a gold fish out of a vase...
That reminds me of an ad i saw on Kijiji. This betta "breeder" was selling bettas and on the ad she wrote "perfect for a centrepiece at a wedding" ... I couldn't believe it.

In all honesty, those fish in the liquor bottles could be pretty happy. I would hope they are taken care of well but I wouldn't trust using an alcohol bottle for a fish. They wouldn't to have a heater in there either. But anything is better than a little cup in a pet store.
lalalaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #14 
Arianthy

http://quiksilver315.deviantart.com/...F23214062&qo=6
:(
Arianthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #15 
Pekemom

It's really disgusting and these people have no regard for the quality (or lack) of life for these animals. What is wrong with them?????
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:23 AM   #16 
Harley

Unhappy

I can't imagine water changes would be much fun for the fish in a bottle like that but then again, they probably rarely/never get them.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:35 AM   #17 
Neil D

Awwww. No heater, or more importantly, no ROOM!!!!!! Spend ten bucks and get a plastic two gallon bowl.... He'll be happier...
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:36 AM   #18 
Perplexed

That's not cute... it's just cruel
Perplexed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:42 AM   #19 
Neil D

Cruel is an understatement....
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote