Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #1 
Lion Mom

God bless the u.s.a.!!!

It is a GREAT day to be an American!!!!!

The WORLD is a better place today!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yes, it is!!! :)
Old 05-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #3 
1fish2fish

Umm... I don't mean to be a witch but can we keep all the patriotism to one thread? Some of us are kinda disgusted by the fact that people are throwing parties over someones death... even if that someone perhaps *needed* to die. Sorry if that steps on anyones toes but my point of view is.... no one loves to cull a deformed fish but it must be done... no reason to dance on its grave.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #4 
AngelicScars

A deformed fish is one thing, a man of pure evil is another. I'll continue dancing.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:39 PM   #5 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Umm... I don't mean to be a witch but can we keep all the patriotism to one thread? Some of us are kinda disgusted by the fact that people are throwing parties over someones death... even if that someone perhaps *needed* to die. Sorry if that steps on anyones toes but my point of view is.... no one loves to cull a deformed fish but it must be done... no reason to dance on its grave.
First of all, I did not see another thread or I would have posted on that.

Second of all - a culled fish is never responsible for THOUSANDS of INNOCENT human beings being MURDERED!!!!

I agree with the other poster - he was pure EVIL and NEEDED to be "culled"!!!!

Sorry if you are "disgusted" and offended - MOST of the world was pretty "disgusted" and offended on 9/11/2001!!!!

Last edited by Lion Mom; 05-02-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:23 PM   #6 
laughing

I think it's all stupid. Personally, I think it was a huge mistake.

So killing someone is "bad" but then killing a different person is "wonderful"? Hmm... If ya'll are so happy he's dead because killing thousands of people is so wrong, that's straight hypocrisy...

I think we should've left him alone. Now we're starting another war. I bet you guys can't wait for us to be bombed AGAIN, right?? I wish America would think of consequences. We're digging up things from a decade ago. Personally, I'd rather the U.S. "chase" him and "hunt him down" just so he'll be scared and not do anything than kill the man. Now we'll have a million people after our necks. Not fun, right?
Old 05-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #7 
LolaQuigs

I agree with 1fish2fish and laughing. Peace cannot be achieved through violence; violence and hatred beget more violence and hatred. Terrorism will continue after his death because terrorism is not unified or organized under one individual or group. And it is very possible, as laughing pointed out, that he will just become a martyr to those who already have anti-U.S. sentiments. Personally I think bin Laden should have been captured and sent to the Hague for trial. Any violent action the U.S. government commits adds more fuel to the fire of anti-U.S. sentiment abroad. The only real way to combat terrorism is to address the actual causes of terrorism in the first place.

Last edited by LolaQuigs; 05-02-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #8 
Lion Mom

Oh BROTHER!!! I suppose all he needed was a group hug.

Guess what? Bullies NEVER respond in a positive manner to kindness - NEVER!!!!! They view it as a weakness and will become more & more aggressive in their attacks.

Do you REALLY think there would never be another attack on Americans if we hadn't killed him? REALLY???!!!!

I understand - and even agree - it normally is not good form to celebrate somebody's death. In THIS case, however, I will make an exception.

I'm done - you people have a right to your own opinions. As WRONG as they may be!!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 05:11 PM   #9 
Jupiter

Well, to put my own two cents in here...

I'm sure that his death brings a bit of comfort to those who were affected by 9/11.

Since I wasn't one of those people, I really don't care much one way or another about his death...I still don't really see a point for celebrating it, though.

And not to put a damper on the mood, but while his death will make some people feel good for a while and provide a moral boost, I don't really think it's going to change much.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #10 
laughing

I think it's silly to celebrate a murder and a death of a person, not matter how "evil" he was. Sure, I believe MANY people are at peace and finally feel safe, but people are having PARTIES over it. That's just wrong. It's still a death of a human being. I feel if his death was necessary to many civilians then so be it, let there be peace in their hearts and comforts in their minds, but why are they *Celebrating* and filled with joy?

No, I don't believe keeping him alive will prevent every single attack in the future, but I do not believe killing him is solving the problem, either. Hell, I just think every one should get along with everyone. Running around sending off gun fire in every direction isn't going to do a damn thing, and people's attitude REALLY need some adjustments.

No, I'm not a pacifist. I just think there are better ways to deal with things.
Closed Thread