Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 10:38 PM   #11 
laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
Oh BROTHER!!! I suppose all he needed was a group hug.

Guess what? Bullies NEVER respond in a positive manner to kindness - NEVER!!!!! They view it as a weakness and will become more & more aggressive in their attacks.

Do you REALLY think there would never be another attack on Americans if we hadn't killed him? REALLY???!!!!

I understand - and even agree - it normally is not good form to celebrate somebody's death. In THIS case, however, I will make an exception.

I'm done - you people have a right to your own opinions. As WRONG as they may be!!!!
If you're not going to be nice and respectable towards other people's opinions please leave. Everyone is entitled and part of this conversation is showing maturity and respect. If you cannot display this, stop posting. All you will do is cause a fight among everyone. That is not what we're talking for. We're talking for opinions, ideas, thoughts, not bashing.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:59 PM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't feel that Lion Mom intended to start an arguement by starting this thread. She was expressing how proud she is of our country. Let's please be respectful of each others' opinions, even if we disagree.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #13 
Alex09

I'm glad he's dead. Hope he burns in the fiery pits of of the underworld for the rest of eternity. Even then, he wont feel all the pain he inflicted upon others and their loved ones. A man like him has no honer and isn't worth spitting on - much less mourning over. You can hardly consider him to be a "human being". No rational human being would do the things he did. I remember 9/11 just as if it was yesterday. And I was only in 5th grade. What I saw in the news that day was deeply distressing to anyone who watched. People were dying on national television. It wasnt a movie. It was reality.Those images will be permanently etched in my mind.

People are CELEBRATING because it's an iconic moment. Because it's a step forward. I'm sure people celebrated when Hitler died.

If you want to talk ethics take a look at this first:
Quote:
At least 2,985 people died in the September 11, 2001, attacks, including:
19 terrorists
2,966 victims [2,998 as of Spring 2009]

All but 13 people died on that day. The remaining 13 later died of their wounds. One person has died since the attacks, of lung cancer. It is suspected to have been caused by all the debris from the Twin Towers.

There were 266 people on the four planes:
American Airlines Flight 11 (crashed into the WTC): 92 (including five terrorists)
United Airlines Flight 175 (crashed into the WTC): 65 (including five terrorists)
American Airlines Flight 77 (crashed into the Pentagon): 64 (including five terrorists)
United Flight 93 (downed in Shanksville, PA): 45 (including four terrorists)

There were 2,595 people in the World Trade Center and near it, including:
343 NYFD firefighters and paramedics
23 NYPD police officers
37 Port Authority police officers
1,402 people in Tower 1
614 people in Tower 2
658 people at one company, Cantor Fitzgerald
1,762 New York residents
674 New Jersey residents
1 NYFD firefighter killed by a man jumping off the top floors of the Twin Towers

There were 125 civilians and military personnel at the Pentagon.
1,609 people lost a spouse or partner on 9/11. More than 3,051 children lost parents.

And that's JUST on 9/11. Ever since, about 51,800 Americans have been killed. And it's not just Americans who have suffered, it's people from all over the world as well.

But unfortunately, I do agree that his death wont have much of an impact on the so called "War Against Terror".

Last edited by Alex09; 05-02-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:08 PM   #14 
n3wport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
I'm glad he's dead. Hope he burns in the fiery pits of of the underworld for the rest of eternity. Even then, he wont feel all the pain he inflicted upon others and their loved ones. A man like him has no honer and isn't worth spitting on - much less mourning over. You can hardly consider him to be a "human being". No rational human being would do the things he did. I remember 9/11 just as if it was yesterday. And I was only in 5th grade. What I saw in the news that day was deeply distressing to anyone who watched. Those images will be permanently etched in my mind.

People are CELEBRATING because it's an iconic moment. I'm sure people celebrated when Hitler died.

If you want to talk ethics take a look at this first:

But unfortunately, I do agree that his death wont have much of an impact on the so called "War Against Terror".

I agree! nut I also agree that everyone has their own opinion on the subject. I believe in capital punishment, and I am dissapointed Osama had just been shot. Id rather him be executed the way Saddam was. But I can totally agree with someone disagreeing with me so dont get pissed! I just believe death is an escape but where torture and pain lies justice has been served.. haha :P

so anyway guys guess what my betta fish finally ate!
Old 05-03-2011, 04:17 PM   #15 
bahamut285

I second 1f2f and Laughing. This is pathetic and embarrassing.

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

All of you celebrating this are sad, sad people.

@ LionMom: You may think our opinions are wrong, which is fine, but yours are wrong as well.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #16 
LolaQuigs

I love that quote from MLK.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #17 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
I second 1f2f and Laughing. This is pathetic and embarrassing.

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

All of you celebrating this are sad, sad people.

@ LionMom: You may think our opinions are wrong, which is fine, but yours are wrong as well.
Would you still feel this way if YOU had lost a friend or loved one on that horrible day?
Old 05-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #18 
bahamut285

I saw this earlier, I forget where and I cannot vouch for it's accuracy but:

"10 years, 2 wars, 919,967 deaths, and $1,188,263,000,000 later, you Americans managed to kill one person. Was it seriously worth it?"
Old 05-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #19 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Would you still feel this way if YOU had lost a friend or loved one on that horrible day?
Who said I didn't? It was my Aunt's third day at work.

Would you really think this is "justice"? Truly? Then why doesn't your country have capital punishment? Sure he killed 10 times more people than any mass murderer in your prisons, but why is it that prisoners are pretty much pampered in there? Free lodging, food, water...they get to go outside...There are probably more innocent homeless people than there are terrible people put into jail. Why not redirect some of that cash flow to provide somewhat similar conditions for the homeless?
Closed Thread