Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #11 
Twilight Storm

This thread inspired me to go buy a PVC unthreaded drain elbow, Ty! It was $.89 at the hardware store. 1 1/4 inches. It has a printed bar code on it that I am not sure I will be able to get off though. I am going to try it in one tank just to make sure it's really ok with my fish. I was first looking for decorations that would work out for a cave but everything I found was really super sharp inside. I didn't want to spend the money on something and find out I couldn't sand down the resin.

If the elbow works out, I plan on using the aquarium sealant to glue some of my aquarium gravel on it to cover the outside and possibly attach a silk plant to the bend. A big honking white chunk of PVC kind of clashes with a tank that is set up to look on the natural side to me lol. I am hoping the stones will make it less so. Thank you again for the inspiration you guys. :)
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #12 
lalalaura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Mom View Post
That is what I do also. But, I also sand the edges where I broke it out to make sure there is nothing sharp. Clay sands very easily.
Yes of course! I cut my finger on a sharp edge of one a couple weeks ago while I was sanding it :P. They are super sharp.
lalalaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #13 
newarkhiphop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Storm View Post
This thread inspired me to go buy a PVC unthreaded drain elbow, Ty! It was $.89 at the hardware store. 1 1/4 inches. It has a printed bar code on it that I am not sure I will be able to get off though. I am going to try it in one tank just to make sure it's really ok with my fish. I was first looking for decorations that would work out for a cave but everything I found was really super sharp inside. I didn't want to spend the money on something and find out I couldn't sand down the resin.

If the elbow works out, I plan on using the aquarium sealant to glue some of my aquarium gravel on it to cover the outside and possibly attach a silk plant to the bend. A big honking white chunk of PVC kind of clashes with a tank that is set up to look on the natural side to me lol. I am hoping the stones will make it less so. Thank you again for the inspiration you guys. :)

yea i was wondering about the bard code too , but thats laser imprinted on there , i jus washed it off with regular cold water and them let it soak in very warm water wih a teaspoon of Aqueon Betta Bowl Plus Water Conditioner in it
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote