Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-04-2011, 12:31 AM   #1 
wallywestisthebest333

Talking Shimeji

Hey guys! :D For those of you in the anime or comic community do you know about shimejis?

They're little desktop buddies that wander around and act all cute! >u<

THIS IS THE BEST ONE EVER I KID YOU NOT YOU'LL LOVE HIM!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

and here's a screen shot within a screen shot (because one of the Big Als started to sing while I was in paint! <:D)

This is straight from my laptop so no fooling here. =]

Big Al is THE BEST!!! <3 with 2D and a secret shimeji coming in close second! <3
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:46 AM   #2 
Jupiter

I really want some shimeji, ut I haven't been able to find any of characters I like yet.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:48 AM   #3 
Arashi Takamine

Yes! I LOVE Shimeji's so cute but they seem to be lost in my computer. I want a Grell one from Kuro****suji but note keeps eating mine. T-T How did you get yours to show up? Every explanation I get requires programs that cost me too much money for a single free Shimeji.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:43 AM   #4 
BlueHaven

haha,
That's cute!!
:D
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #5 
Betta Slave

<3 I just had little 2Ds wandering all over my desktop XD Shimeji is awesome. Still looking for a Murdoc, though
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:03 PM   #6 
masshiimarro

omg, i had no idea shimejis existed?! hahaha now onto DA to find them...
btw, where do you guys get yours?
masshiimarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:16 AM   #7 
wallywestisthebest333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi Takamine View Post
Yes! I LOVE Shimeji's so cute but they seem to be lost in my computer. I want a Grell one from Kuro****suji but note keeps eating mine. T-T How did you get yours to show up? Every explanation I get requires programs that cost me too much money for a single free Shimeji.
To answer people's questions I get my shimejis from Deviant Art. =] Usually you click the download deviation button on the right side of the screen under the favorite option. =] Other times the artist will provide a link in the description.

As for getting them to work, the only program you really need to get pre-made ones to "work" is a program that will open Zipped or RAR files.

WinRAR is a good program for that. It is paid after a month or two but for the first two months it's totally free.

If you want to MAKE your own then you'll need either Photoshop or GIMP (Gimp is free, a lot of people say it's more difficult to use than photoshop but for making shimeji it's about the same, though I'm still learning how to use it).

I suggest downloading GIMP if you want to make your own because it's free. I can't teach you though because I'm still learning. But there are tutorials on how to use GIMP to make shimejis on Deviantart and on youtube (there's one on deviantart that's pretty detailed. do some searching and you'll find it. ;])

I plan to make DCU (DC Universe, Super Heroes. ;]) Shimeji starting with Booster Gold and Blue Beetle 2! <3 And then Jaime! <3 And then Scott and Barda Free (Mister Miracle and Big Barda)! <3

OH. And Shimeji WONT WORK ON MACINTOSH COMPUTERS. Sorry Mac Users. :[ (Join the PC side. ;])
Old 05-08-2011, 02:18 AM   #8 
Arashi Takamine

KK thanks.

Also if you make DC universe Shimeji I hope you eventually plan to do the Young Justice crew. (Superboy~!)

I'll try seeing if I could find one that'll work for a few months free.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:35 AM   #9 
bahamut285

My shimejis kept breeding on my desktop so I never used them again...it was cute for a while, but they were really distracting XD;
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:49 AM   #10 
wallywestisthebest333

LOL there's actually an artist working on Robin! >u< So I may do a Superboy if they don't. Though I'd really like to make a Kid Flash shimeji first. =]

Tags
2d ;], big al, gorillaz, shimeji, vocaloid