Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #1 
LolaQuigs

Opinions on This Fish?

I only have room for one more betta, so I have been searching for the right one for months. This will be my last betta until one of my current ones passes (and they're relatively young), so I really want to make the right decision and get the perfect fish. Of course this is leading me to second guess every nice fish I find! I really like this guy, but is he good enough to be the one????

He appears to be lavender, perhaps mustard gas? I don't know, his fins seem to be a bit greenish for that. He was in a cup labeled delta, but I'm pretty sure he's a double tail. He has some minor fin rot, but other than that he seems healthy, and is quite small so I also assume young. I usually go for fish with cute faces, and his isn't, which is another reason I'm second guessing myself.

My other problem is that he frequently flared at his shelf neighbors. I know this is normal and a sign of good health, which is great, but once my new fish gets out of qt, he will be moving into a ten gallon with four panda cories. I really love those cories and don't want anyone to get hurt, so I want to find the most docile fish I can find. I suppose flaring a lot at other bettas doesn't necessarily mean he'll be hostile to the cories, but I'm not sure if I want to take the chance.

So, what do you guys think?
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:06 PM   #2 
denaliwind

He's beautiful, I love his coloring and I bet he'll be even more gorgeous in a new home. That said, I've always felt that when the right one comes along, it will be one of those moments where the clouds part and the sun shines down. XD It's the heart stopping, can't get him out of my mind experience that I'm looking for. I'm not sure how you are, but that's how I've always been and maybe it's something to consider. :)
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:16 PM   #3 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliwind View Post
He's beautiful, I love his coloring and I bet he'll be even more gorgeous in a new home. That said, I've always felt that when the right one comes along, it will be one of those moments where the clouds part and the sun shines down. XD It's the heart stopping, can't get him out of my mind experience that I'm looking for. I'm not sure how you are, but that's how I've always been and maybe it's something to consider. :)
me too ^_^ especially my first guy Sven, I looked at like every betta at petco and when I got to his cup I was like "yep, he's mine."
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #4 
MrVampire181

Does he have three tail lobes? O.o
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:21 PM   #5 
LolaQuigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliwind View Post
That's what I was thinking too. I felt that way when I found my first betta, and he has been my favorite by far, so I think you've definitely got a point. I've been searching for a while now, and still haven't come across the right fish, so I'm really starting to get antsy now! Maybe I'll continue to wait until I find a "love at first sight" fish.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:23 PM   #6 
LolaQuigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
Does he have three tail lobes? O.o
I didn't notice that when I was looking at him, but I definitely see it in the picture too. I think it's probably just the camera angle, maybe in conjunction with the fin rot. I can't imagine that would have gone unnoticed when I was looking at him in person!
Old 05-04-2011, 11:28 PM   #7 
laughing

I think you'll know. Personally, I don't find him *special* enough to be a final betta!! I think you're final betta should be something glorious and completely unique! WAIT!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:29 PM   #8 
cajunamy
Banned

He's a beautiful fish for sure! For me the decision is when I just can't walk away without him/her.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #9 
gbose

LolaQ,

This is a very personal decision and you're the only one who can make it!

GB

PS -- that's a nice betta!
gbose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #10 
LolaQuigs

I know, I know haha. I always have to ask everyone's opinion/advice before I can do anything; I'm just so terrible with decisions! Even if I do see I fish I fall in love with I will probably question the decision endlessly!