Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-05-2011, 01:25 AM   #21 
baylee767

It's internal. I've had expirience with them before and that's what happened to Velvet (R.I.P.) I didn't have any money and no one would let me buy parasite medication *sigh*

I don't feed dried/freeze dried, just frozen. I don't see the point of dried it has no value and it isn't as good as frozen to the fish so I just feed that (2X weekly meals). Thank you everyone for helping so far! I really need to name this guy though lol.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:59 AM   #22 
Harley

I've never used it but you could try Tetra Parasite Guard. Good luck.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:03 AM   #23 
baylee767

ust thought I'd update you guys some. The pellets haven't arrived yet, but in the mean time I'm only feeding him 1 biogold pellet, soaked completely in water first, a day. Reason being in my 1 expirience with internal parasites the fish "clogged" easily and I want to avoid that. And I'm keeping the temp a bit cooler so he can stand less food a bit better. Plus along with being soaked in garlic juice this should encourage him to eat the medicine when it comes.

He's a bit lethargic and sometimes chokes down his pellet, but he is pretty tiny and just 1 biogold pellet soaked in water is bigger than his eye. And cooler temps would explain the lethargic-ness, as well. I'm keeping up with daily 100% water changes in case his immune system is weak from what he has now. I'll do my pre-cautionary AQ salt treatment after my parasite treatment. I'll keep you guys updated...
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote