Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2011, 03:15 AM   #1 
ollief9

Angry Youtube rant >:(

I hate hate hate hate some of the people on youtube!

As soon as you point out something wrong with their tank they start ranting on, 'swear word' this, 'swear word' that (forum rules these days! )

This is my channel and I'm always getting into arguments with people about fish.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ollief9?feature=mhum
It's so frustrating!

One day I found a video with a guy keeping a goldfish in a lunchbox!

There is no cure for ignorance!!!!

Rant over.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 05-08-2011 at 02:03 PM.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:14 AM   #2 
bahamut285

That guy is an idiot, I saw some of his fish videos and I feel sorry for his fish. He's got TWO plecos now in a 20 gal, and added more tiger barbs and still only has one tinfoil (they are semi-community fish I believe).

I assumed at the end of one of his videos he threw his goldfish, Nemo, into a pond out back, as he mentioned in one of his vids...

I hate people like this
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 02:39 AM   #3 
kane chisholme

I once saw a vid about some freak and he kept his fantails in wine glasses.. No filter, no plants, no gravel just a fantail in a wine glass full of water
Posted via Mobile Device
kane chisholme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:49 AM   #4 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane chisholme View Post
I once saw a vid about some freak and he kept his fantails in wine glasses.. No filter, no plants, no gravel just a fantail in a wine glass full of water
Posted via Mobile Device
Would it be morally wrong to utterly flame someone who does that? I mean all out bringing out one's inner troll?
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:26 AM   #5 
kane chisholme

Im not sure what to do about it, but what I am sure of is that more needs to be done about the Health and happiness of fish. It's cruel and unfair. I believe we should need a license or something to keep fish if not there should be a group (like what the RSPCA do for dogs and cats) though it should be for fish... I don't know I'm only young but even I can recognize way to many fish are falling into the wrong hands, people who shouldn't have the right to keep fish
Old 05-09-2011, 04:33 AM   #6 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane chisholme View Post
Im not sure what to do about it, but what I am sure of is that more needs to be done about the Health and happiness of fish. It's cruel and unfair. I believe we should need a license or something to keep fish if not there should be a group (like what the RSPCA do for dogs and cats) though it should be for fish... I don't know I'm only young but even I can recognize way to many fish are falling into the wrong hands, people who shouldn't have the right to keep fish
As much as I agree with this, it would never "pass" through any sort of organization no matter how much they want it to. In my personal and usually extremely controversial opinion, I think people should have licenses to have children. Some people take absolutely horrible care of their children through pure negligence (not because of lack of money, etc.), similar to that of people who neglect pets >__________>

Why can't people understand that living is a privilege, not a right... people will enjoy and treasure life more. :(
Old 05-09-2011, 04:38 AM   #7 
kane chisholme

I know what you mean... All I can say is it's a shame
Old 05-09-2011, 04:39 AM   #8 
bahamut285

Yeah, it really is :(
Old 05-09-2011, 04:43 AM   #9 
SillyCone

Lol, I'm sorry but I can't believe you are taking youtube users / rants serious.

Youtube users are 80% dummies, 10% trolls, 5% random people, 5% serious people.

Getting into "youtube comment fights" makes you part of the 80%.

Some people even upload videos to make people mad, or post a comment to start a fight.

I know alot of people don't take care of fishes/pets/even people at how you are suppost to, but starting to fight at youtube wont do any help.

It IS fine to say "your tank is too small", but don't mind the replies, specially the rage replies, just ignore and move on.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 05-12-2011 at 10:06 PM.
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:46 AM   #10 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyCone View Post
Lol, I'm sorry but I can't believe you are taking youtube users / rants serious.

Youtube users are 80% d*mb*sses, 10% trolls, 5% random people, 5% serious people.

Getting into "youtube comment fights" makes you part of the 80%.

Some people even upload videos to make people mad, or post a comment to start a fight.

I know alot of people don't take care of fishes/pets/even people at how you are suppost to, but starting to fight at youtube wont do any help.

It IS fine to say "your tank is too small", but don't mind the replies, specially the rage replies, just ignore and move on.
Unfortunatly when the idiot is trying to 'educate' a newb to the fish-keeping I kinda feel like it's my place to step in. Yesterday I started getting into an arguement with an idiot who claimed Lane (A friend on Youtube who has me and Luimeril helping her and her friends with their betta care via their youtube vids)'s friend Chris' betta died from 'aniomia' and eating his own poop. I corrected him and he said and I quote: "Nu-uh my sister fed him this stuff that looked like it and he ate it. He was fed every day. So HOW DO YOU KNOW?"

I lost it. Gave him what for.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote