Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-08-2011, 05:21 PM   #21 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

I have a Fluval EDGE stick-on thermometer on my 5 gallon Tetra tank, lol. It was the cheapest, and it works fine. :)

My boyfriend was drooling over the Fluval tank set ups, but it wasn't what I was looking for - cheap, easy to clean, and parts that would be standard. I stayed away from the Aqueon 5.5 gallon set up because I wasn't enthused about it being non-standard, and not being able to interchange standard parts. Although I must day the Aqueon set up I have seen look very nice...

I like the looks of the Spec but did not realize it was so tiny! Maybe some tiny tetras might do well in it...

Cheryl
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #22 
FishyFriend1

nice tank!
FishyFriend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #23 
pecktec

Hello Im a little late but speaking of Fluvals, I love my Flora! I have a video about it here.
http://www.youtube.com/user/pecktec?.../3/Ircj_0Y3Y10
pecktec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:54 PM   #24 
ilovebunnies

Nice view review of the fluval flora Pecktec.

I thought about getting the Fluval 80 CO2 kit for my plants and replacing the diffuser that comes with it with a glass diffuser. How do you like the CO2 kit that came with the kit? How long does the CO2 tank last you for? Oh, and does it run constantly or do you turn it off at night?
ilovebunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:57 PM   #25 
pecktec

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebunnies View Post
Nice view review of the fluval flora Pecktec.

I thought about getting the Fluval 80 CO2 kit for my plants and replacing the diffuser that comes with it with a glass diffuser. How do you like the CO2 kit that came with the kit? How long does the CO2 tank last you for? Oh, and does it run constantly or do you turn it off at night?
I like it ok. It's a little big though. I actualy pulled it apart and I'm just using half of it for now. You fill up a bubble of co2 in it once a day and just let it desolve in there. So it doesnt run all the time.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:09 PM   #26 
Pekemom

Beautiful tank, Sean. Great job...I really would love to start up a planted tank. I'm on bonsai lover and would love to create an interesting planted environment. Maybe someday!!

I've got the Fluval 5 gal for my betta and I'm very happy with the tank. BTW. do you spend quite a bit of time caring for the plants and/or trimming?
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:39 PM   #27 
pecktec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekemom View Post
Beautiful tank, Sean. Great job...I really would love to start up a planted tank. I'm on bonsai lover and would love to create an interesting planted environment. Maybe someday!!

I've got the Fluval 5 gal for my betta and I'm very happy with the tank. BTW. do you spend quite a bit of time caring for the plants and/or trimming?
Not on the Fluval the plants are just starting to take off. I like a lot of slow growing plants like Anubis. I do have this grass stuff in my 55 that wants to take over and java moss that's always on the move. But actual care for the tank is about 30 min a work week. Now it took a month for the nutrients to calm down and at first I was picking BBA off the plants twice a week. The guppy started eating it and soon it was gone as well.