Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #1 
Diana S

filters ( Not good day)

Me not leaving well enough alone.Got sand to add to the tanks.For plants growth.I trun off filters' dug up all the plants .Added sand then replanted the tanks.Trun on filters.And sand must have gotten in them.Great !! Run to buy two more.Runing good so far. plants,gravel,sand.Love the look but wow this is costly.lol Oh, Ya more new plants coming the week.lol
Let sand settle before truning on filters.Stupid mistake !Diana S
Diana S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:14 AM   #2 
roypattonphoto

if your running hang on backfilter, put a piece of aquarium sponge on the intake end where the water comes in at the bottom of the tube, might help limit the amount of draw in ...'

the initial setup can be costly yes, i wont go into what im into setting up my tank finally, but i most say having Crystal Clear water, and a beautiful habitat that my fishy is all into priceless....

im just waiting for the right time to redo my 5gal hex w/ a couple plants, as well as the large 14gal that has the sorority....

im deffinatley loving it ...
roypattonphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #3 
Diana S

I forgot is backfilter.I didn't what it was called.I'm going look for sponge.It is very pretty in ten and two five.But My husband won't agree on being priceless.Can't waite for the new shippment of plants.And fake wood.The wood I had discolord the water.I didn't like it.Thanks ~Diana S
Diana S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #4 
iheartmybettas

If you soak the wood or boil it that should help keep it from discoloring your water. The coloring is tannins which is actually beneficial to your fish. If you just leave it in the tank it would eventually go away with your water changes. :)
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote