Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-11-2011, 04:18 PM   #1 
Nehro

My betta, Oskar! ID me?

This is Oskar, my betta. Can anyone identify him tail wise and color wise(i.e. salamander, dalmatian, etc.) I think he might be a growing Vieltail. Here is his bubble nest also!
Attached Images

Last edited by Nehro; 05-11-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Nehro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #2 
iheartmybettas

He looks like a veiltail. Possibly salamander. I'm not good at name that coloring. Weird that his fins look like they were chopped off. Does he have black lining the edges of his fins?

Edit: He has very pretty coloring by the way! :) I wanted to mention that the plastic plant looks kind of rough so be careful because it could destroy his fins if it is. And how big is that bowl he is in? It looks tiny. :(

Last edited by iheartmybettas; 05-11-2011 at 04:40 PM.
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #3 
Nehro

yeah, I don't know what happened to his fins. I bought him like that...hmm. But no, he doesn't have the black lining...the blue part of his fins and tails are metallic-y though.
Nehro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #4 
iheartmybettas

He could be a tail biter although when my tail biter demolishes his tail it is a lot more frayed looking than a straight line. Just make sure you are changing his water a lot and they should grow back wonderfully. If he is a tail biter you will definitely want a bigger living space with a lot of decor and plants to try to keep him busy.
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:40 PM   #5 
ansalong

Looks like he bit off his tail. My guy bites it in a clean line like that. He looks like he may be a veil tail though.
Good advice on lots of room and stuff to play in. You could try an aquarium salt treatment if you want. 1tsp per gal for ten days. Make sure you change the water completely every day. It worked for my guy when he bit his tail off really far. But keeping the water nice and clean is your best bet.
I don't know much about patterns either. He's pretty!
ansalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:39 AM   #6 
YoshesMom

im going to say Multi-VT
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote