Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: To filter or not to filter?
Keep filter on during day, off at night, until he gets used to it enough to have it on 24/7? 3 100.00%
Keep it turned off, to spare him the stress and unhappiness? So I can never have tankmates? 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #11 
nowzem

Well, crap, LOL :) You could possible enlarge the heater cord hole to allow for 2 cords (the fluval internal filters are completely submersible) but I say just keep trying (sorry I read your earlier post wrong when you declared that's its not a marineland!)... There IS, of course the possibility that he will NOT get used to it... =/ But if he isn't TOO stressed I would just keep tring for a few hours a day.
nowzem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #12 
bettafish15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowzem View Post
Well, crap, LOL :) You could possible enlarge the heater cord hole to allow for 2 cords (the fluval internal filters are completely submersible) but I say just keep trying (sorry I read your earlier post wrong when you declared that's its not a marineland!)... There IS, of course the possibility that he will NOT get used to it... =/ But if he isn't TOO stressed I would just keep tring for a few hours a day.
Yeah, I'm definetly going to keep trying. Even if he never DOES get used to it, I'll turn it on for only a few hours a day anyway just to keep the water from getting that stagnant film the tank gets. And so the heater doesnt have to work so hard to heat the tank xD
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #13 
bettafish15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana S View Post
Very nice tank ..what kind is it...I want one .for my girls I'll be gettin.lol Diana S
Thanks! I wish I knew, haha! xD There's no brand name anywhere :/ A friend of my mothers just got the tank for me at some petstore in a mall. If I knew what kind it was, I'd get a second, I love the rounded corners <3 Since everyone thought it was a Marineland, you can probably get a similar one, I hear Marineland has a 16 gallon! :D 16g would be perfect for a sorority.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:46 PM   #14 
Thunderloon

I'd really not advise the hood-type marineland filter systems on anything larger than the hex 5.

It looks mechanically the same in principle as the marineland but seems to use a sponge instead on the output. You should be able to heavily constrict the intake without losing flow, this would solve the entire output flow issue.

I agree about the curved corners... I hate scrubbing my sealed corners sooo much! Curved ones can be handled with a baby bottle brush.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:55 PM   #15 
Blazer23

Keep it on 24/7
Blazer23 is offline   Reply With Quote