Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-06-2011, 01:00 AM   #11 
iheartmybettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burd View Post
You assume that we're not 'grown up' and that we'd choose to own a house over renting, which certainly has it's perks comparatively. I'm an apartment dweller/renter by choice. Not everyone has to 'own' their home to be satisfied or a responsible grown up adult.
I don't think LionMom was trying to be offensive. There is a very large number of young members... Young enough to not normally own a house. But I agree that being a responsible adult doesn't mean necessarily owning a house. I own a house but both of my bosses at work rent as well as a vast number of people I know who are plenty responsible and are adults. Now there are also those that rent that are completely irresponsible (i.e. every member of my husbands family. Lol!)
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:31 PM   #12 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmybettas View Post
I don't think LionMom was trying to be offensive. There is a very large number of young members... Young enough to not normally own a house. But I agree that being a responsible adult doesn't mean necessarily owning a house. I own a house but both of my bosses at work rent as well as a vast number of people I know who are plenty responsible and are adults. Now there are also those that rent that are completely irresponsible (i.e. every member of my husbands family. Lol!)
You're right - I didn't mean to be offensive and I'm sorry to any that took it that way. I should not have "assumed".

If you want to do whatever you want to do in your home, though, owning is the way to go!!!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #13 
CyerRyn

My lease says my tanks can be no bigger than a 10gal which I'm okay with. I mean, it could be worse and not allowed any pets at all. I just find it odd that we can have fish and hamsters but it states "no lizards" lol. Not that I was planning on getting one, but just thought it was silly. I don't know if there's a limit to how many tanks I can have, but I'm sticking with just my 2 tanks and 1 bowl (for now).
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:01 PM   #14 
bamsuddenimpact

Didn't see this thread explode haha My lease technically says nothing living but when I was looking he said a small tank was fine.. But he hasnt been in my apartment in awhile and doesnt realize I took that to mean 3 small tanks and that the tanks by themselves are prolly bigger than the bowl he pictured lol
bamsuddenimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:00 AM   #15 
Larsa

I get so sad for the bettas who dont get picked in the pet stores... they are like "nooo take me with you i dont wanna be torchered another day!" imagine their sad fishy faces and think of the ASPCA commercial music, makes me wanna cry! I wanna buy all the bettas at walmart and save their innocent broken hearts
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamsuddenimpact View Post
Didn't see this thread explode haha My lease technically says nothing living but when I was looking he said a small tank was fine.. But he hasnt been in my apartment in awhile and doesnt realize I took that to mean 3 small tanks and that the tanks by themselves are prolly bigger than the bowl he pictured lol

We had a mini explosion. lol I can see where landlords who don't allow tanks are coming from. I'm not insinuating this about anyone here but I think people are more likely to take better car of something they own than something they rent.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:15 PM   #17 
bamsuddenimpact

Yeah, i almost caved and was gonna put her in my living room and just shut my bedroom door if my landlord came, but she was gone when I went. Hopefully she went to a good home.
bamsuddenimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:50 PM   #18 
Neil D

I hope so too! I think the odds are good, cos inexperienced betta owners would usually go for the flashy males...

Your landlord sounds like lamesauce. Although my friend would say POOPSACK! haha lol
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote