Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-17-2011, 08:20 AM   #11 
SillyCone

Aww, don't be so harsh on yourself, you tried your best, think on the bright side, he had a good place to die, or like, he spent his last moments in a nice place.

Fishes do die sometimes, wherever is our fault or not, sometimes they get sick and no matter what you do they end up dead.

I know you are still mourning and all, but you should try to get a new one to the new house, that will be a way to ease your pain, since there are tons of bettas in such a bad places, especially at some pet-stores, then you have a new chance to make it up to yourself. =]

And please you didn't fail at him, when he needed you, you helped him, right? So, even though he died, you tried your best.
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #12 
pao2310

Thanks.
I cleaned the tank and got a new fish. Of course his name is nemo. Nemo 2 is bigger, more active and had a layer of bubbles in the container that I got him in so i figured he would be able to survive my mistakes better. Ill post pictures tomorrow
pao2310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:51 AM   #13 
SillyCone

he had a bubble nest on his old aquarium? How cute! Hope he makes a nice bubble nest in his new house too! Mine never does it >_>
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:40 AM   #14 
carzz

1. what am i missing from my list?

-What food types do you have? Don't stick with just the flakes or just the pebbles. Do you wanna eat a burger every day for the rest of your life? Neither do they. Get small containers of food, but get multiple. Flakes, pebbles, blood worms, frozen brine shrimp.... Feed them either two SMALL servings a day (am/pm) or one larger but not huge serving (pm). So maybe 3/3 or 5 and if he eats all, 3 more.

2. since Nemo is dark blue what is a good color for the stones?

Light. White, or maybe orange. But he would show in a white sand beautifully.

3. since ihave a 1 gallon tank, how high should the layer of stones be?

Not too high. You don't want to take away too much swimming space from him. So I'd say an inch, 2 inches the most.

4. is this cave to big for my fish and aquarium? i worry the eyes are too small and teh fish will get stuck there.

Nope. You don't want to overwhelm him with it. And it's nice and simple. I have a tiki man about the same size/shape. Just make sure the inside is fishy proof. Meaning, if he squeezes in somewhere, can he get back out??? If your not sure, skip and move to the next cave/house.

5. i saw this leaf hammock too, wonder if i should get it.

NO!!! So many bettas die from these things. D:! They stupidly use metal so it either rusts OR it can tear open and cut/slice your betta! I know this happened to a memeber on the site. SO tragic...... And the worst part? They love them, the bettas love these leafs. Try to find a plant that reaches high up to the surface,, and strong enough to hold a sleeping fish. I did this for my Lady, and she loves it. And it won't kill her.

6. what size shoould the cave be?

The size you showed was good. Don't want it too big so it leaves no room to swim. And it's not like they swim inside. Mostly just hang out, or to help stay warm. :)
carzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:09 AM   #15 
Luimeril

the betta hammock is a bad idea. :/ i bought one for a partly-blind betta of mine, with the idea that he could eat food off it, and when i opened it, there was wire sticking out of it! it could have rusted and made Theo ill, so i ripped it out with pliers, and it now helps a betta of mine who bloats up often, to stay under the water. Xd

i'm sorry Nemo died. D: things like that happen even to the best fishkeepers out there. this site has lots of wonderful people, who will help you keep Nemo 2 alive and healthy for his full 4~5 years of life. :3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:12 AM   #16 
Thunderloon

Light color usually involves blood poisoning of some kind. I _never_ trust the packets of water treatment that come with the kits. Sounds like chlorine poisoning.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote