Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-19-2011, 03:13 AM   #1 
copperarabian

New copper delta, and mini bow divider failed :(

Ever since I saw my first copper Betta I've wanted one. And last week I was very disappointed when I didn't buy one at Petco. So today while buying water conditioner I saw a Delta with some copper on him. I picked him up right away and examined him and quickly decided to buy him. I really wanted a halfmoon, but really liked his coloring and am considering breeding him if I find a female I like.

I didn't have a place for him, so temporarily I decided to put the divider into my 2.5 gallon until I have a place set up for him.... bad idea O.O before I put him in my HM dragon king (finally got a name~Glorfindel) got to the other side, and so I adjusted the divider. once the new Betta finally was ready to go in I watched them interact carefully, and made sure my king couldn't get over again. (He's a young king, not a huge king) I watched them for about 30 minutes before leaving to take my brother to the store.

When I get back my king is on the wrong side and my poor copper delta is hiding at the bottom behind the heater, the poor thing looked so scared! So into the fry container my new copper goes until this Friday when I have time to figure out a way to fix the divider.

Why would the mini bow, which is advertised for Bettas, sell a divider that allows room for them to get through because it doesn't take the "bow" into consideration..... the mini bow company failed here.

Also here is my new copper after I moved him into the fry container, I'm very glad I didn't come home to a dead or critically injured fish.

And here's Glorfindel

Last edited by copperarabian; 05-19-2011 at 03:31 AM.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:52 AM   #2 
Kytkattin

How scarey! I am glad that everyone is okay, and they are both GORGEOUS! I have been looking at king bettas lately, but they all look like big, shapeless blobs in my area. Your boy is so well defined! Your new copper is just amazing as well. I need to go to your Petco!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:48 PM   #3 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytkattin View Post
How scarey! I am glad that everyone is okay, and they are both GORGEOUS! I have been looking at king bettas lately, but they all look like big, shapeless blobs in my area. Your boy is so well defined! Your new copper is just amazing as well. I need to go to your Petco!

I'm very glad everyone is ok too, it was a scary shock when I looked in and saw m y silver and red dragon swimming on the wrong side with no one else O.O (Since the copper was hiding I couldn't see him)

I've seen some kings that didn't interest me at all in terms of color at my Petco too. I really hope they get adopted even though they don't have the interesting color.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:13 PM   #4 
laughing

I have those, and they are stupid. The freakin' divider doesn't even go all the way to the top anyways! The fish can easily jump over or squeeze through. Uber fail.

They're both gorgeous!!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #5 
Kytkattin

Oh my gosh, today at Petco they had a fish that was basically a combination of your two boys. He was a King halfmoon that was copper! I would have brought him home if he was not $20. :(
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:37 PM   #6 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing View Post
I have those, and they are stupid. The freakin' divider doesn't even go all the way to the top anyways! The fish can easily jump over or squeeze through. Uber fail.

They're both gorgeous!!

I have rocks in my aquarium so it's halfway through the gravel, not actually at the bottom so it's tall enough for me. I'm going to have to add something to the divider to make it fit though :( I can't keep my copper in the fry container until his tank is set up.

Also my copper is now blue LOL Big surprise for me, I leave for school and when I get home he is blue O.o lol I guess I didn't get my copper yet haha

Old 05-20-2011, 12:04 AM   #7 
Abby

Coppers change a little ive nine copper lined fish and they all have changed.
my best example is cedric *finds pics*
when i got him he was a black and metallic purple butterfly SD x HM

when i chose him online:

within the first week:

then he got attacked and his colour changed to a weird gold-green-bronzeish

heres some ill colour recent ones

Looking for one with his new colour
Name:  IMG_5479.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  48.0 KB

Name:  IMG_4796.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  48.5 KB
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:05 AM   #8 
MelissaD

Always gotta have good dividers for your betta fish, some of the designs are incredibly stupid...
MelissaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:54 AM   #9 
copperarabian

[quote=Abby;678603]Coppers change a little ive nine copper lined fish and they all have changed.
my best example is cedric *finds pics*
when i got him he was a black and metallic purple butterfly SD x HM

Apparently mine just developed a very intense blue iridescence O.O After I fixed the divider I put him in the bowel I bought him in so he could float in the water some and I noticed he looked copper again, then I held him under my desk light and he turned copper again. Very intense iridescence.

That's him without any of the iridescence showing, and if he turns a certain way he looks all blue again O.O

lol He's looking at the plant while my dragon is flaring a bunch.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:57 AM   #10 
Abby

welllllll i thinks hes beautiful :)
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote