Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #1 
Jonni
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Update on Barracuda ;) + "bubbly" filter question??

Well, some of you know that my fish
Barracuda had fin rot. Well, it seems to be improving!! I'm so happy :)
i've stuck to the water changed + aq
salt and it's actually getting better!
There's been a little bit of growth and his tail is not as jagged anymore!
Before

then it got a tad worse....


Now!!!



& here's his current set up... he seems to like it!
I moved the filter+heater to the side of the tank and I tilted the bowl thing to the side and put grassy plants in front of it.

~this was before I moved the filter and the heater to the side~



so all's well in Barracuda land.

Now, here's my bubbly filter question.
The top of my filter broke off
(no big deal~ it still works) anyway, the top of it is bubbling and it doesn't stop.
It still filters, but the top just gets bubbly.
It doesn't bother my fish, but it's just irritating.
What is this/how can I stop it?

Jonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:00 PM   #2 
Jonni
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
knock knock~ anyone there?
Jonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:53 PM   #3 
Silverfang
Member
 
Silverfang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Newfoundland
sorry, don't use a filter, so I can't really help
on a side note, did he get fin rot after biting his tail? the way it looks is just eerily similar to a chewed on tail >.>
is that a marina filter? cool10? I ask because one came with my tank and I never bothered to set it up.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:34 AM   #4 
Jonni
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
sorry, don't use a filter, so I can't really help
on a side note, did he get fin rot after biting his tail? the way it looks is just eerily similar to a chewed on tail >.>
is that a marina filter? cool10? I ask because one came with my tank and I never bothered to set it up.
I'm not sure what kind it is, it came with the tank - I can look on the box after school. I've never seen him bite his tail, so I'm not sure. I guess I'll have to watch him closer.
Jonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:52 AM   #5 
Burd
Member
 
Burd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonni View Post
Now, here's my bubbly filter question.
The top of my filter broke off
(no big deal~ it still works) anyway, the top of it is bubbling and it doesn't stop.
It still filters, but the top just gets bubbly.
It doesn't bother my fish, but it's just irritating.
What is this/how can I stop it?
That's quite simply how your filter works. It doesn't intake just water - it works by the air pump pumping bubbles up through it and the water is pushed with them. It's working just fine. I have a mini filter like that too, does the same thing. It's just how they run. :)
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:47 PM   #6 
Jonni
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burd View Post
That's quite simply how your filter works. It doesn't intake just water - it works by the air pump pumping bubbles up through it and the water is pushed with them. It's working just fine. I have a mini filter like that too, does the same thing. It's just how they run. :)
Oh, awesome! Thanks!
Jonni is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Isabella Issy" and "Sparkles Red Captain Hook" Elena Betta Pictures 27 06-17-2011 11:11 PM
New Girls, update, and 1st "rescue" RKbusy Betta Pictures 15 10-13-2010 04:40 PM
Update and question on siphoning/"vacuuming" the gravel zerlinafish Betta Fish Care 3 08-15-2008 05:17 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.