Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #11 
indjo
TFK Moderator

I don't really understand marbling. But IME non dragon marbling is more pale/flesh and sometimes can be yellowish. While dragon marbling turns them into red/brown as well as pale. Your male looks like a dragon (not clear) so I'd suggest pairing him to a metallic or a dragon.

I need to point out that I don't like marbles and I don't know how to manipulate the marble genes. But I spawned a non marble pineapple dragon to a copper and came up with red/brown marbles.

This guy was copper
Name:  Image006 copy.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  33.5 KB

Rose are worse than DT in terms of genetic defect. It's OK to create them but never spawn them because they will cause many problems. You may be able to spawn a "half" rose to a less ray branched fin like dT.... but I wouldn't take the risk.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #12 
cajunamy
Banned

What about those feather tails that AquaStar is creating? I love them, they are obviously an exaggerated rose tail though, so he must be breeding rosetails to begin with?

I know I likely won't get exactly the result as Gumbo by breeding, but I want to breed him to have fry by him. I know that you can't really manipulate marbling.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:44 PM   #13 
DarkMoon17

Feather tail is EXTREME rosetail... he only sells one or two from each spawn which just sort of shows that the rosetail is so extreme that most of the fry are culled due to malformities... RT and FT are things you just don't want to breed.

Congrats, looks like you won yourself a cute little girl. She should be perfect :)
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:59 PM   #14 
LucyLoofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMoon17 View Post
Feather tail is EXTREME rosetail... he only sells one or two from each spawn which just sort of shows that the rosetail is so extreme that most of the fry are culled due to malformities... RT and FT are things you just don't want to breed.

Congrats, looks like you won yourself a cute little girl. She should be perfect :)
Agreed about the girl! She is my dream! I had been stalking her on AB for forever!
LucyLoofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:16 PM   #15 
cajunamy
Banned

so then a feather tail would be better suited for a pet .. no problem lol. I really do love them, if the price would come down to about half i'd snap one up
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote