Old 05-16-2011, 04:19 AM   #11 
SillyCone

you're welcome, and don't forget more updates! :P
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:29 PM   #12 
bamsuddenimpact

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanLuc2 View Post
Another thing to consider is that I have been feeding him everyday and he has been eating like a pig yet, I just noticed that he also looks somewhat thin. I don't know exactly what he has but, either way he is not doing very good despite being able to swim a little more normally.
This makes me think possible internal parasite...
bamsuddenimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:37 PM   #13 
DarkMoon17

What do his feces look like? White and stringy?

He does appear very thin so if he is eating like a pig but unable to put on weight then internal parasites are likely... You might want to try feeding him Jungle's Anti-Parasite pellets for one course of treatments to see if that helps him.
DarkMoon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:29 PM   #14 
JeanLuc2

He still looks shiny like usual. He has developed a few silvery spots on his "skin" and tail while his color was changing. He doesn't look very different from his baby pictures but I did notice that he was incredibly thin two days ago when he nearly died and his eyes were going white for like 10 secs or so while he was on his side. Where would I locate this food? Should I just start feeding him this instead of his other stuff or mix the two?

So, since this little boy is my first ever fishy can someone please teach me how to properly identify a parasite?
JeanLuc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:36 PM   #15 
JeanLuc2

Oh sorry I read "face" for a little while and just realized you said "fieces." His normal red and green mixture cause I typically feed him one green and one red pellet so he gets a mixture of the type of food. It does not look stringy and white and as a matter of fact it has never changed in all 8 months I have had him.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #16 
JeanLuc2

Ok here is an update on my little friend.

He is doing well but is still worrying me. His poop is turning red & white and slightly (just ever so slightly) stringy on the white end. One of his gills is not going down perfectly. Other than this he is perfectly fine. Just as active as ever and just as lazy as usual.

What does he have if anything?
Old 05-19-2011, 10:18 PM   #17 
DarkMoon17

Well... if he has white in his feces it is possible that he has some sort of internal parasite. You could consider feeding him the internal parasite pellets for one round of treatments (I believe it lasts 14 days). The medicines in the pellets are pretty safe, it isn't something that would overly stress him. You can find them at Petsmart and you will probably have to crush them so that they are a size he can eat.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:48 PM   #18 
JeanLuc2

Ok. Once I get my allowance from my mom then I will go and get the meds. So, should I feed him just the meds or combine with his regular food?
Old 05-21-2011, 08:02 PM   #19 
DarkMoon17

Follow the instructions on the food, I believe you typically are supposed to feed only the medicated food during treatment.

Good luck!
Old 05-23-2011, 02:36 PM   #20 
JeanLuc2

I just tried to look at the website for PetSmart and now I am totally confused. Please help me cause I am going to try and get this stuff before storms start popping cause we are supposed to get storms today.