Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-23-2011, 11:39 PM   #11 
reaper0325

I always feel like that when my fishes die or get sick.. I wanted to give all my bettas away when some unknown disease broke out and killed scores of them. If the feeling doesn't go away, having the fishes adopted is always a good option.
reaper0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:22 AM   #12 
FuulieQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylee767 View Post
Well I'm starting to gain some interest. I forced myself to do a water change on the 2 gal (another midnight one) But hey, at least it takes about 2 mins as the tank is bare bottom. The finrot has slowed some already.

Fuulieq: Yep, that's what I'm screaming at myself (hehe) I bought them so I can't get lazy with them.

Not nearly as addicted as before, but there is once again some interest. I want my addiction back!
Maybe spending some time with them will help. c: Personally I goosh all over my fish, I find that the more I interact with him the more attached I get.

I'm sure it will be fine. Everyone has hard times. You'll get through it!
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:51 PM   #13 
luluo

It is understandable that sometimes life gets in the way. I just found out that I will need heart surgery, probably within the next month. Trying to manage two little kids along with that kind of news seems impossible so of course it has been difficult to keep up my interest in anything including the fish. It has been especially hard since D'Argo started having fin issues because I feel like what the heck else can go wrong? I'm totally down in the dumps but I just keep at it. Playing with him does help keep the connection too.
luluo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:33 PM   #14 
laughing

I personally find spoiling them helps keep you interested. Because then you're all hey how do they like their new plant?? Etc(:
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #15 
1fish2fish

When I found out Bella has cancer my fish went so far out of my head I didn't hardly even feed them for a week and just yesterday I was so tired and trying to get water changes done in a hurry I put my poor marble HMPK breeder into warm water instead of 78-80* water. Poor guy nearly died but luckily I caught it before it was too late. I felt so horrible but it was an honest mistake.

Like I said it happens to the best of us. It helps me if I schedule my days into a calendar and make sure to set a specific time to do water changes and also it helps to stagger changes.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #16 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Our bettas are a joy to us and provide stress relief... but when our lives become overly stressful, fish keeping can seem like 'one more chore'.

Lack of interest in one's bettas might well be looked upon as a red flag... to alert you that you are overly stressed yourself (why don't they make stress coat for humans?). Some red flags are small (in bed with the flu, allergies); some are big (loss of a job, relationship issues).

Baylee, with everything that's going on in your life right now, you've hit your 'red flag'. Examine what's going on; ask your parents for moral support. And don't feel bad - we are all human, doing the best we can.

Once you're life is back in balance, you will be feeling much better.

A thought: There is no shame in rehoming pets. I was bedridden for a few months about 15 years back. I had two birds... and no one in my 'circle' could care for them. So I rehomed them, rather than have them suffer while I was out of commission. I still miss them, but I know that at the time, it was the best choice for their welfare.
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote