Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #1 
Like You

10 gallon tank, with lid, & cat?

My beta is currently in a less-than 1 gallon tank.
I do have a 10 gallon but for that to work out I'd need to move it to my room, and I have a cat.

The 10 gallon has a lid, but I'm still a little wary..

Any advice/help?

Thank you <3
Like You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #2 
Thunderloon

Generally the cat won't go after something it can't actually see, that's why they're so terrified and playful about boxes and holes.

I use hand cut lids made from acrylic sheet and a light on a frame longer than the tank. Most lids will be fine if you fill up the "gaps". Usually the best gap plug is silver tape.

You can even bend coat-hangers to produce outline shapes then tape them onto the lid to make hard covers for the holes on the back.

I prefer being able to see my fishez so I usually buy the glass lids with that plastic extension that you trim with scissors then use desk lamps when I set up a tank for someone. That way they've got light for working and can enjoy their fish from top and sides.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #3 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

I read your title and it sounded like your ten gallon tank came with a lid and cat (unusual tank accessory)! :)
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #4 
Like You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Fishy Fishy Fishy View Post
I read your title and it sounded like your ten gallon tank came with a lid and cat (unusual tank accessory)! :)
LOL! I see that now XD

----

But, nevermind about this, since we might move soon. Thanks for the tips though, Thunderloon <3
Like You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:16 PM   #5 
Oldfishlady

My cats use the tanks on the bottom rack to drink out of (I keep open top tanks)...great water bowl....lol......and its funny watching all the half grown Bettas go after their tongue as they lap the water and the cat going after the fish food when I feed....I think the cats think if they lap fast enough they can get the food...pretty funny none-the-less......I have never lost a fish due to cats that I know of at least......and I have a lot of cats and fish for that matter....lol.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote