Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #11 
Luimeril

if you wanna keep the snail in there, you can buy a 5 gallon tank for them both to live in. snails are nasty little critters, i've heard, and don't clean as well as they're made out to do.

i hope your little fishy gets better soon. :3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:07 PM   #12 
bwilsonhill
Banned

Cool

huh interesting!! yeah i thought they were suppose to help keep it clean thats why we got him plus we new fishy blue needed company!!! :)
but ok thank you !!!!
bwilsonhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:48 PM   #13 
orphansparrow

p.s.

it's much easier, if while you are treating your guy, and doing daily water changes, to remove all rocks and decorations from the tank. just keep the tank bare. that way each day you can just dump the old water, rinse, and refill. without having to worry about cleaning off any decorations, etc.

you can always put a magazine or a photo or a plant or something by his tank if you feel he is bored and wants to look at something. ><
orphansparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #14 
Tisia

snails may eat a bit of algae, but they poop sooooooooooo much it definitely overrides the tiny bit of algae they eat. also, snails and salt generally don't mix. think some like nerites can adapt to it, pretty sure mystery snails can't handle it though
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:16 PM   #15 
bwilsonhill
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by orphansparrow View Post
p.s.

it's much easier, if while you are treating your guy, and doing daily water changes, to remove all rocks and decorations from the tank. just keep the tank bare. that way each day you can just dump the old water, rinse, and refill. without having to worry about cleaning off any decorations, etc.

you can always put a magazine or a photo or a plant or something by his tank if you feel he is bored and wants to look at something. ><
oh ok, thanks...great idea that way it will e sooooo much easier for me clean it, i dont know why i didnt do that in the first place...lol.....im new to this!!!!
bwilsonhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:36 PM   #16 
Luimeril

we all are newbies to the betta world at some point. :) for my delta, Dante, before he passed away, i'd have to entertain him 24/7, or he'd destroy his beautiful tail. to do that, i'd re-arrange his decoration every time i'd change his water, and move things about around his tank. :) like, he had this Pokemon figure he liked to stare at. so, i'd randomly move it's position and pose. he'd have a blast, checking it out like it was something new, even though it wasn't. my first betta, a veiltail named Zach, loved these what-nots i had, so i'd keep them by his tank all the time. he'd actually get upset and mopey if they weren't there!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, dont know, medication, sick