Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-25-2011, 04:43 PM   #21 
Samsvalleybettas

The first Pic is Jack Frost my 3 1/2 year old jack russell. Then Minneannapolis aka Pretzel and I receiving or top ten ribbon in-hand at Sport Horse Nationals, he will be coming this week to start his training. Then a pic of me on Annapolis, April and Pretzels sire, at the 2010 horse expo in Albany Oregon. Then me on April this was like her 30th ride, she is 3. Last my 20 year old gelding Crusader and I, he is a level 2 dressage master now just having fun.
Attached Images

Last edited by Samsvalleybettas; 05-25-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Samsvalleybettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:24 AM   #22 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learn To Fly View Post
Well we only braid for shows (or sometimes I braid when I ride if I have time since Louie has a long mane and my hands can get tangled in it) but during the summer I sometimes do just thick long "Pipi Longstocking" braids when he's turned out to keep him cool. Those are the ones that I did for the jumping portion of our farm's student show (in the second jumping picture) although I don't know if you can tell. Normally for the jumping in real shows I do a lattice/diamond braid since the braids I showed you don't stay in for jumping as well. The braid I use for dressage (the one I posted) is called a Dutch braid and is a variation of a running braid which is like french braiding down their neck. You can only do those on horses with long manes, and I won't get in to all the other braids since there's so many! If you want to see them all just google "horse mane braids" and go to images. Sorry I know you didn't ask to know all this but you got me going about braiding so...sorry again haha. Also, I don't know about any websites off the top of my head but I'm sure you could find something on Google.

in summer here i tie up manes to help with the sweating, i mean heck i prefer my hair up then down in summer :)
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:07 PM   #23 
Learn To Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
in summer here i tie up manes to help with the sweating, i mean heck i prefer my hair up then down in summer :)
Yeah true. I think it's not as hot here, though I can't be sure since it's been pretty hot. But Louie's one of only 5 (out of about 30) horses on the farm with a long mane (4 are boarders) and the only lesson horse with a long mane. And he likes to rub his mane out, or it breaks and gets short (too short to stay in a running braid, but too long to do other braids with) since he's a bit old. If it's really hot I'll always braid it.
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:39 AM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

Nice pics, guys!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:11 AM   #25 
Ethan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learn To Fly View Post
Well we only braid for shows (or sometimes I braid when I ride if I have time since Louie has a long mane and my hands can get tangled in it) but during the summer I sometimes do just thick long "Pipi Longstocking" braids when he's turned out to keep him cool. Those are the ones that I did for the jumping portion of our farm's student show (in the second jumping picture) although I don't know if you can tell. Normally for the jumping in real shows I do a lattice/diamond braid since the braids I showed you don't stay in for jumping as well. The braid I use for dressage (the one I posted) is called a Dutch braid and is a variation of a running braid which is like french braiding down their neck. You can only do those on horses with long manes, and I won't get in to all the other braids since there's so many! If you want to see them all just google "horse mane braids" and go to images. Sorry I know you didn't ask to know all this but you got me going about braiding so...sorry again haha. Also, I don't know about any websites off the top of my head but I'm sure you could find something on Google.

Ok!

I wanted to know more about braids so np! I will go google more!
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #26 
Learn To Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
Ok!

I wanted to know more about braids so np! I will go google more!
okay I'm glad I didn't confuse you or bore you too much!
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:39 PM   #27 
KayDowson

Beautiful... I wish I had a horse... I gotta go to the zoo to ride one . They're so pretty tho... I wanna c more pix.
KayDowson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #28 
Abby

careful what you wish for lol
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:29 PM   #29 
KayDowson

its true... i want one so bad... :( I mean what idiot do u know that pays 12 bucks to get in the zoo, and 5 to ride a horse for 3 mins and go stand back in line to repeat the process lmao... maybe ill come ride urs HA!
KayDowson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:56 PM   #30 
copperarabian

Here's some of my favorite photo's I've taken for school so far, The first one is my fav out of the set, but I'm also crazy about birds XD

Last edited by copperarabian; 06-11-2011 at 12:04 AM.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote