Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-17-2011, 07:49 AM   #1 
ANHEL123

Betta jumped out of the tank

I have betta at work for about 2 years. I bought another betta for someone else. My fault i put him on the same table. I guess my old one saw that new fish and jumped out of the tank.

I don't know how long he was out of the tank. He don't eat and he change the color,and ge is lethargic. He also has something white on his body. He just hangs on the surface.

Is anyone know what should i do. Should i add aquarium salt? Or should i change his water every day?

I feel bad he was good fish for 2 years i don't want him to die.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:00 AM   #2 
BlueHaven

Clean water!
I think it would help to use aquarium salt, and keep him out of view of the new betta.
I hope he gets better soon!
Does he have a heater?
If it is one that can be adjusted, setting to the lower to mid 80's would really help, but it needs to be done slowly. Let him adjust to it.
Indian almond leaves are known to really help bettas, and provide them a more natural environment. I just got some and I put them in yesterday.
You can get a water conditioner with indian almond leaf extract, at petsmart. It's made for bettas, but It will leave white particles in the water.

You've had him for 2 years?
That's awesome.
:)
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:50 AM   #3 
ANHEL123

Thank you for response,
He is at work. He live in room temperature. He is in small container i think less then 0.5 gall. I couldn't keep him in bigger because he is on my work table and i am not allowed to have bigger tank. I am appreciating that I can keep at least this one. I just change the water frequently.

I have IOL at home. I can mix it at home today and add to the water tomorrow. But i think he is dying. I feel bad. I am so sad and mad at myself. He was very healthy and good fishy.....

Thank you so much for reply. I don't think he will survive. His color completely change, he is laying on a side heavily breathing.

I have bettas at home too. The new betta on my table i bought for another office i am working once a week. I had 2 bettas in that office. They about 3 years old. One died last week,so i bought another one yesterday. New betta looks very healthy (active and eating from day 1)

Thank you.

All i know a lot of bettas i know jumped out,and we have to be careful and do not put water all the way to the top of the container. I did it only because the container is small .
Old 05-25-2011, 09:03 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about your betta. All you can do is keep him comfortable and keep the water clean.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #5 
ANHEL123

Thank you so much but unfortunately he died. I think he was on the table about 40 min. He was really bad ....I came next day at 7.30 am he was dead.

Thank you,i was mad at myself he could live longer..... He was loved one. :(

I had another betta who jumped out at my other work but we picked him up right away because we heard the splash of the water. He had a little bit of the fungus but somehow it went away. It was long time ago and I still have him.

The good think that i already have another one on my work table.
I am so addicted to bettas that i will always have them no matter what :)

Thank you so much.

Last edited by ANHEL123; 05-26-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #6 
orphansparrow

oh, i'm so sorry about your fishy. :( i guess bettas really do need lids on. it's good you still have your other little guy to keep you company. ^_^
orphansparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #7 
ANHEL123

Thank you guys.