Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-18-2011, 08:28 AM   #1 
SillyCone

My apple snail is laying eggs! :3

this morning I changed all 3 to feed them, then I somehow managed to drop one of them I felt so guilty, no shell harm though, and in the end they didn't want to eat >_>!

Then the one who fell like spent over 30mins hiding within its shell and wouldn't come out, I felt so guilty! Then I left, when I came back it was normal, I put it to eat and it also didn't want, so I put it back to my 10G aquarium, still feeling a bit bad, then I saw it going to the surface I was like "there's no way it is going to lay eggs, maybe its going for some air only" and I went downstairs to watch some tv, 1 hour later I can see already a few eggs, it's still laying the eggs but it's a horrible position to take photos or film, and I also don't want to stress it out.

So, what should I do? ;3!

I wanted to breed my betta but I think I won't in like a few months probably, now this happens, I think I will let them hatch! :D

If anything happens I can just give them to my local pet shop so they can sell and profit. :P
SillyCone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:07 PM   #2 
SillyCone

well, later on I discovered it was actually struggling for air and making weird bubbles while pooping, the angle was so bad it looked like eggs.

In the end it was so weak it couldn't hold itself and fell without being able to get up, I put him on my temp 1L aquarium and it appeared to have gotten well, then I picked him up because I didn't want him to stay too long on the 1L because the water was getting cooler fast, but it wouldn't let it go, I didn't push hard I slowly pushed him until it gave up, but I think it must have been that, or the fell, specially the fell.

Now I'm struggling to keep this fellow alive, applesnail.net is so horrible I can't even register over there, I kinda looked at google to find an answer to my particular problem and couldn't find any.

After a few hours without any sign of recovery I put him back on my 1L tank, if he is going to die at least he will die on the small tank >_>... with some mineral water without conditioner or anything, since I don't have an extra heater and specially on a 5cm's water because it's struggling to breath air I put just a tiny layer of water for it to keep wet... So I'm using a normal lamp on the side, it will hate the light but at least the water will heat a bit, I'm checking it every 2 minutes so it might help..

Well idk what to do, I'm waiting for it to die, I didn't want it to die, I'm kinda sad =C
Old 05-19-2011, 04:21 AM   #3 
SillyCone

Well it died, might buy something else on the petshop. =/

Sucks that I dropped him, but was an accident so, I'm not like THAT sad, just.. well sad but I tried my best to save it and it tried it's best to save itself so, no hard feelings.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #4 
FuulieQ

That's odd, I didn't think they were so fragile that a little drop like that would kill one... huh.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #5 
SillyCone

That was weird indeed, sad story xD!

I'm over it now though, but I really don't know how it died... Maybe it was already sick or something, you never know. :P
Old 05-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #6 
DormDrax

Most likely an unknown ailment.

My late *Sniff* Desi was the healthiest snail ever and had several babies! ... then randomly a few hours after I come back one day I found her dead and all shriveled up... to make matters ... just uncomfortable my mom wanted to see and then started dissecting the dead snail... and I'm like. "MOM! I KNOW IT'S JUST A SNAIL BUT IT WAS STILL MY PET!"
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote